Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, lighting effects and other exterior mods here.

Annoying water spots!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:55 AM
Default Annoying water spots!

Hi guys!

So I moved to a new house a couple of months ago and my baby has to sleep outside. I usually cover it when I think it is going to rain but I got caught off-guard a few times. As a result, I got the worst watermarks ever

First it really upsets me but more importantly I can’t get rid of it, I spent approximately 20 minutes rubbing it with a towel damped in soap but it’s still here.
So my question to you all week end warriors out there is:
How the F do I get rid of it?

Old 07-11-2018, 03:24 PM

Hello - probably need some sort of paint cleaner or polish depending on how far the water spots penetrated the clear coat. We like the Zymol HD Cleanse (very low abrasive), and P21S Paintwork Cleanser (very mild abrasive) to take care of things like that. Take a look at the link below and let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any part needs in the future.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...S_car_care.htm

Old 07-16-2018, 09:45 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the help!
I've asked a detailer that has a shop near my place and he told me that in this situation he uses a similar product called ecoshine finish from IGL Coatings, so I went for them, it worked well!
Anyways, thank you for the help, my car is now spotless again!

Old 07-17-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by CeaTom
Hi,
Thanks for the help!
I've asked a detailer that has a shop near my place and he told me that in this situation he uses a similar product called ecoshine finish from IGL Coatings, so I went for them, it worked well!
Anyways, thank you for the help, my car is now spotless again!

Glad to hear that everything worked out. Please let us know if we can assist with anything in the future.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Glad to hear that everything worked out. Please let us know if we can assist with anything in the future.
Might want to have it ceramic coated