Injection Pump fuel adjustment for the MW and M pumps, engine tuning and maintenance - Page 6 - Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
I am surprised that Mercedes did not change the engine designation as they are so careful with part numbers.
They did. The .91x and .95x are very different engines inside.

Quote:
Anyway we are only getting around 200C temperature
Your gauge is not accurate or your sensor is in a bad location. That is just slightly above what the engine exhaust temperature is at idle.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:41 AM

Hi ForcedInduction,

I have a 1984 300SD I really love and like to get some performance mods done. Can you recommend any reliable shops who is taking on jobs like this.

Thank you,
Kornel
Old 05-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

None. No shops will take custom engine modification jobs.

Three reasons;
The car is too old for current techs to have any knowledge (or interest) in working on it.
Zero non-stock parts exist (that actually work). ALL modifications will require substantial manual labor and cost.
All modern cars are computerized. Most diesel injection shops are either out of business or sold off their pump test benches because mechanical pumps like these just don't exist in the wild in large enough numbers to be profitable anymore.

These are enthusiast cars. You'll have to plan on doing nearly all modifications, maintenance and repairs yourself, otherwise you will very quickly spend more than the car is worth and it still won't be any faster than anything with a V6 from the 1990's+.

About the only places you'll find are some exhaust shops that will make a custom exhaust system, but the stock exhaust is already very good unless you're shooting for 300+hp.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:14 PM

Default om617 pump help

I followed the directions to removing the gov limiter and now when I start the car it literally runs wide open and the fuel shut off wont even kill it. I did not adjust anything else in the pump. any help would be greatly appreciated guys
Old 11-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Make sure the shutoff actuator arm is hooked in front of the rack and not pushing on it.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:00 AM

Can the Control Rod Travel Sensor be removed through the vacuum stop opening? Is there any complication to removing it other than the 2 screws on the side of the pump and the ring on the top?

I had seen a post awhile ago regarding replacing the O ring on the stop lever. Well a week later (relying on my memory, big mistake) I removed the lever and proceeded to remove the hollow bolt that holds it in place as well. No I did not remove the clip behind the stop lever first, as I mentioned above I was going by memory.

I recognized my mistake and went to reassemble it. The shaft is now loose (in and out) in the housing. I pulled the vacuum shut-off and realigned the peg back into its slot on the internal arm of the shaft but I had to use a thicker washer to bring it back to normal. Now the vehicle has no power while driving. At idle in park or neutral the motor performs as normal and shuts off as normal.

What else does the stop lever shaft attach to that would cause this lack of performance? Does anyone have an exploded view of what the internals of that part of the pump is supposed to look like?

I may have bent the slotted arm at the end of the shaft when removing the hollow securing nut.

I was able to get the shaft of the stop lever out of my spare injection pump to swap it out. However I could not get the one out that is on my motor as it still had the Fuel rack travel sensor still in the head of the IP.

I am concerned that when I initially turned the large hollow nut against the resistance of the securing clip it caused the stop lever to push to far forward and perhaps damage parts in the circled area.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

OM603 pump 87 E300 with # 18 head

Last edited by inkblotz; 12-13-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 AM

Default 617 pump adjustments other

with all the information on making injection pump adjustments which I have made successfully I currently ran into two different pump issues
1 very low resistance to keep idling when cold on one pump other wise runs fine.
what adjustment to correct this issue?
2 new purchase 126 300SD the engine does not return to idle and I assume that someone has turned it up incorrectly
I have made a guess and turn it back on both adjustments of torque and coarse idle but have had no success trying several times. It runs normal other wise.

any help
thanks
Old 01-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

You're on the right path. Torque control will cause slow idle return and coarse idle adjustment can cause stalling.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 PM

Default Om605 pump help

I bought an om605 n/a with mechanical pump from w124, i wanted to adjust max load but where the max load screw sits behind the cover there is a magnet ventile on the cover for idle adjust.. ( i heard) so how do i remove this or how do i adjust the max load