Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

engine shock

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Question engine shock

Hello again. I posted for the first time yesterday and was put on the right track to my problem. One of many. Thanks for the help.
This is my second need to know question. I had rebuilt the engine in my 83 240D. I have been driving the car exactly one year. I never drove the car before the rebuild so I did not know what to expect as far as performance. My question is: My engine vibrates too much. I never took any engine shock(s) off the vehicle. I know one can get a retrofit shock kit. The online Mercedes Benz Manual has lousy pictures. I can not make out where it is installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction for installing a engine shock kit?

Since the car did not have one before and I do not know how the engine shook before I rebuilt it what else could be the problem. I installed a new front engine mount but this really did not help. If I increase the idle speed this seems to smooth the engine out a bit but not enough.

I would like to install the retrofit engine shock but have no idea where it goes. I need al least a good picture and a bit of directions to do this. If anyone knows a webpage/site to install a engine shock please let me in on it.

Thanks to all for the help. I need as much as I can

bluesteinm@gmail.com