Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

190D fuel thermostat leaking like a faucet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default 190D fuel thermostat leaking like a faucet!

So I was tampering with my injector o-ring leakage at the top of the engine yesterday. After the air intake unit was out and I was inspecting leakage around all parts associated with fuel. Thediesel thermostat had a slow drip to it so I grabbed the plasticpart and twisted a littleand saw litterally a stream of diesel pouring out! Either way I twisted it, left or right caused a stream so I left it in the center with a steady drip. My question is, instead of paying $120 to buy a new one, does it use or can I replace o-rings on it?

http://replacement.autopartswarehous...t&dp=false

Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Yes you can replace the O-ring. What you want to make sure is that the thermostat inside is functioning properly by putting it in hot water and then cooling it down. In hot water the plunger should push out and when cold the plunger should retract into the body of the thermostat. If this doesn't happen when you test it, replace the thermostat with the o-ring. Let me know if you want the thermostat and the O-ring with instructions on how to do the repair and how the valve works.