Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Clear Polish

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Default Turtle Wax Clear Polish

Well I became tired waiting for my "free Turtle Wax Clear Polish" detailing kit. So I went out and bought some TW Clear polish and did my C280. I am attaching a picture of the finish product.

Results: I used a rotary buffer, due to my back problems, it says on label to apply by hand and nothing about power buffers, so I guess It was OK to do so.

Good: Easy on application, once I got use to the amount I squeezed it on directlty to the panels of the car and used the buffer to apply.
As a polish it is OK, it is hard to remove tar marks with this products, I buffed a couple of spots and wound up using my good onld trusty finger nail to get them off. The product specifies not to let it dry completely. I did on one side and not on the other, no difference in taking it off using a 100 cotton towel. both sides came off just as easy. One good point also is no white marks around rubber, squitters etc.

When done the car looked good, no swirl marks, nice shine and as I mentioned above easy on, easy off. But if you ride is oxidized, I would look at something with a bit more grit or is that grits as southern breakfast, eggs and grits, heaven on earth.

I would recommend this product to anyone with keeps up faithfully with detailing the outside, as I said if you don't once you get the shine back, this is a good product to maintain it. A bit pricey, moderately so. Is it worth it? One my car yes, as I wash it once a week and polish and wax two or 3 times a year and use detail spray in between. TW also has a detail spray, but I'm a bit short on funds, so it my kit come I'll report on that.

Now for the picture. This was taken with a Sony digital with flash around 8PM or so just as the sun was setting. I figured the flash which is built into the camera, ( AH technology is so nice, but these flashes use batteries like crazy) would bring up a better view of the shine. I must admit for a Brilliant Silver car, I could see my face in it, no pics of my face by the way.

Would I use it on a steady basis, I don't know, I want to see how well it looks after a few washings. I report on that in a few weeks

Al - Open the link for a better view of the picture. Also ignore the time on the picture, it is eastern wrong time by 2 hours

[IMG]local://upfiles/2546/7A84B5A2A1874295B68D3C064AA46734.jpg[/IMG]