Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts, Rumors and Future Models (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-rumors-future-models-19/)
-   -   SIX NEW MBUSA DIESELS!!!!! (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-rumors-future-models-19/six-new-mbusa-diesels-10774/)

duxdevil 04-14-2006 12:18 PM

SIX NEW MBUSA DIESELS!!!!!

just found out a minute ago that mbusa will be selling a whole new line of diesels again in the usa!!!! SIX MODELS- THE WAGONS AGAIN. After ten years of only ahving one model diesel, they are finaly back on the road again with the diesels. FINALLY i am very excited to see how these go. I ownder how they will copete with the TDIs..... MB diesel are the best cars in the world, ever, they run for 500K+ miles.

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html

AMGMercedes 04-18-2006 01:53 PM

RE: SIX NEW MBUSA DIESELS!!!!!

Excellent find Dux. It's about time a diesel is here!!

mbz300sdl 04-18-2006 08:27 PM

Amg- Did u forget about the E320CDI? They have been here since the 05 model year but have been at US dealers since Spring 04 at least that is when Mercedes of Hagerstown got there first one though i would not buy from them.

AMGMercedes 04-19-2006 08:53 AM

E320CDI? They have been here since the 05 model year
Yeah, but that's the E class. I'm not too big into them

BlackWolf 04-25-2006 02:20 AM

I would go diesel before I go hybrid or whachamacallit anyday.

drblank 07-03-2006 04:02 PM

I have an idea for Mercedes Benz. Since the gas prices are escalating and the AMG models are not selling as well, here is what I think should be done.

Take a AMG model, remove the engine and put in a finely tuned CDI V-8 or have a V-10 engine with the quicker shifting transmission. They'll get plenty of torque, do we really need to go 0-ticket in less than 5 seconds? i would rather get there in sub-6 and get double the gas mileage, less maintenance, and be able to put in bio-diesel fuel and still have the suspension, brakes, body molding and other ammenities of the AMG and also the price should be less. :-)

The California diesel law goes into affect in 2007, which is why more diesel models will be coming out.

E85 is great, but they have to make E85 with using something other than corn. Corn is only 10% ethanol. Maybe Mercedes should lobby the Feds into forcing the E85 producers to use sweetgrass, sweet potatoes, or something that gets a higher ethanol yield. Instead of paying corn growers not to grow corn, they can switch to something else. LOL. :-)

duxdevil 07-04-2006 01:25 AM

thsi was my original forum. diesel fuel contains %50 more energy than gasoline

AMGMercedes 07-08-2006 01:09 AM

to go 0-ticket in less than 5 seconds?
I catch myself going 70-80 every day going to work in a 55mph while complaining of people complying with the speed limit. So yes we need something fast!

drblank 07-08-2006 01:56 AM

Let's see here, take the E350 and the E320 CDI.

The Horsepower for the E350 is 268 with 258 lbs of torque. The 0-60 is 6.5 seconds and the mileage is 19 around town and 26 highway.

The Horsepower for the E320 CDI (smaller displacement) is 201 with 369 lbs of torque. The 0-60 is 6.6 seconds and the mileage is 27 around town and 37 highway.

Now let's do the math.

More torque is what drives the 0-60 time and you get 100 lbs of more torque with a small displacement? Better gas mileage?

I'd venture to guess that if Mercedes made a 5.5 liter diesel V8 to replace the upcoming 6.3, there would be enourmous amounts of torque with a smaller displacement with more than 50% additioinal gas mileage with the same 0-60 time frame. Doing 70 on the freeway is not low end torque. Exsqueeze me. :-)

Anyone can go 80 miles per hour is a 55 zone and get a speeding ticket. One doesn't need a petrol based engine. Heck I can do over 130 in over C230 K (non-AMG). Just put the pedal to the medal.

Most people that buy a AMG don't go 150+ miles per hour on the freeway unless they are on the Autobahn or are running from the Police in a high speed chase. for those of us that are legally limited to 65 or less want a nice handling car with the amenities of the AMG cars, but don't want to pay for the gas guzzler tax, or the increase costs associated with getting less than 20 miles per gallon vs. getting over 25 for around town.

duxdevil 07-08-2006 04:40 PM

you dont buya diesel to be a speed demon, you get it to run it on veggie and get good fuel mileage