Brand News, Concepts, Rumors and Future Models Got a tip on a new Mercedes coming along? We want to know.

Does The Me-412 Have New Hope

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Default Does The Me-412 Have New Hope

Does The Me-412 Have New Hope

We haven't had any Chrysler ME-412 information or rumors on the board for a long time now. We have kind of put the ME-412 behind us, with the introduction of the Firepower Concept and what not. However, the ME-412 came at a hard time for Chrysler w/ JĂĽrgen Schremp behind the helm controlling the shots. Now, speed up time two years and look how things have changed. The once-disliked, but now loved former Chrysler Group head, Dieter Zetsche is now the President of both the Mercedes Brand and DaimlerChrysler AG. Him and former COO of Chrysler Group Wolfgang Bernhard tried pushing for the AMG V-12 powered ME-412 towards production, w/ Schremp always shutting their plans down. This lead to Wolfgang leaving Chrysler Group, where he now is president of VW.

But things have changed. Now w/ the Chrysler Group looking to push the Dodge brand worldwide, and expanding the Jeep and Chrysler brands to a more global appeal, the question is... will we see the ME-412?

First off all, the Chrysler ME-412 is not a concept car. Dieter Zetsche said that himself. The ME-412 was a prototype, in which they built another version to test the performance of the quad turbo V-12 supercar. The press have drove in the car at Laguna Seca. The car is the feature of many videogames, magazines, and websites.

I believe there is a market for this insane supercar in a limited production suit. The Chrysler ME-412, would go one against an onslaught of the world's greatest cars, such as the Ferrari Enzo, the Koenigsegg CC, the Bugatti Veyron, the Pangani Zonda, the Maserati MC12, the Porsche Carrera GT, and the Lambo Murcielago. This could set themselves to be somewhere General Motors and Ford Motor Company would only dream about. Especially w/ the dismise of the Ford GT. What are your ladies and gentleman's thoughts...

Stats on the Chrysler ME-412:

The spectacular quad-turbo, V-12 powered, mid-engine Chrysler ME Four-Twelve super car has roared onto the scene to shine as the most advanced Chrysler ever built. The ultimate engineering and design statement, and a brilliant example of the Chrysler Group’s capabilities, the ME Four-Twelve will establish a real-world performance record for a rear-wheel drive, mid-engine super car and may also set a record for lightening-quick vehicle development. Taking less than one year to complete from start to finish, the Chrysler Group partnered with some of the best in the business to assist in its development.

Specifications:
* The heart of the ME Four-Twelve is its all-aluminum, quad-turbo, 6.0-liter V-12 engine. With electronic sequential multipoint fuel injection and a 9.0:1 compression ratio, the ME Four-Twelve’s AMG-developed engine delivers 850 bhp @ 5750 rpm, with 850 lb-ft. (1150 N-m) of torque between 2500 and 4500 rpm on premium unleaded fuel. The specific power output translates to 142 bhp/liter, and with a curb weight of just 2880 lbs. (1310 kg), the ME Four-Twelve has the weight-to-power ratio of 3.4 lbs/bhp – each of these sets new performance records and new benchmarks in the super car category.

And, befitting a machine that will play comfortably in the super car league, the performance of the ME Four-Twelve is stunning. In our projections and modeling, the ME Four-Twelve goes from 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, 0-100 mph in 6.2 seconds and it will blister through the quarter mile in 10.6 seconds at 142.0 mph. The estimated top speed of the ME Four-Twelve is 248 mph (400 km/h). The vehicle is designed and packaged to achieve outstanding thermal performance under extreme operating conditions. Its large capacity, high-efficiency engine-cooling system allows this engine to retain optimum thermal performance – a key advantage in the super car arena.

The 7-speed Ricardo Double Clutch Transmission was developed specifically for this vehicle and features the latest double wet-clutch technology and electronic control strategy. The exclusive ME Four-Twelve transmission delivers uninterrupted torque to the rear wheels with 200 millisecond shift times.

Dimensions:
* ME Four-Twelve wheels are cast aluminum: 19x10-inch front and 20x12.5-inch rear. Michelin high-performance radials are 265/35ZR19 in the front and 335/30ZR20 in the rear.
* At just 44.9 inches tall, 78.7 inches wide and 178.8-inches long, the two-seat, mid-engine ME Four-Twelve has a striking presence – poised as if ready to pounce.
* The computer controlled active rear spoiler articulates rearward 100 mm to increase down-force to a total of 925 lbs. (421 kg) at 186 mph (300 km/h), while achieving a competitive coefficient of drag (Cd) of 0.358.
* Carbon fiber seat structure with a total seat weight of just 27 lbs. (12.3 kg)
* Competitive-in-class interior roominess with 37.2 in (942 mm) of headroom, and 42.7 in (1085 mm) of legroom
* A large glass roof panel extends from the windshield to the rear header
* Passenger-side adjustable foot support helps keep the “co-pilot” in position during extreme cornering maneuvers