Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Yet another phone question.....

Old 06-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Default Yet another phone question.....

I have read every post on this topic that I could find and am still unsure of what I need to do. I am about to purchase a 2006 C230 with the command option and want to make sure I can integrate it with my phones (Treo and Motorola V710). Both are bluetooth capable, but every post I see on this forum only talk about a manual cradle or cable. It is true that Mercedes is 3 years behind everyone else with the bluetooth interface or am I missing something? What is the easiest way to interface both phones with the command system? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alan

Old 06-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: Yet another phone question.....

Are you going to order the car with a factory fitted (MHI!) phone system? If so, you can simply hook up the MHI Bluetooth interface and use it with your phones.

However, I don't know if these phones will give you full integration. Some BT phones will fully integrate, others will only integrate partially. That is something you have to figure out yourself.

If you have an MB V710 phone, you could also consider using the phone specific MHI V710 cradle - but in this case it won't work with your Treo phone.

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 08-22-2006, 10:29 AM

I have a 2001 A170 CDI (W168) elegance auto and it came with a Becker audio 30 APS ( managed to get the CD for the sat nav but no book in English) and Siemens phone cradle but no phone, I bought a secondhand CX65 but it didn't fit, ( the wife nicked it anyway ), the phone was too wide for the base and the antenna socket is the wrong side but the connector looks the same. Any idea what other Siemans phone would be right for a 2001 Belgium A170?

Old 08-25-2006, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: ukhozi

I have a 2001 A170 CDI (W168) elegance auto and it came with a Becker audio 30 APS ( managed to get the CD for the sat nav but no book in English) and Siemens phone cradle but no phone, I bought a secondhand CX65 but it didn't fit, ( the wife nicked it anyway ), the phone was too wide for the base and the antenna socket is the wrong side but the connector looks the same. Any idea what other Siemans phone would be right for a 2001 Belgium A170?
I don't suppose your phone kit is factory fitted... the early 2000 MB models came with a Nokia phone kit (IF ordered with phone from factory). Somewhere in 2003 MB introduced the UHI phone kits in Europe. These UHI kits work with a few Siemens phones, but they won't work with just one cradle.

I am assuming you have an aftermarket phone kit retrofitted in your car, though... and I don't know how one can tell what phone you would need to go with the cradle...

greetingz,

BigSis