Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Iphone Dock Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Default Iphone Dock Help

I have just brought an iphone 3g dock to fit in the arm rest of my 2005 c class estate, it works great as it charges my phone and i am able to control the phone functions it through the car system etc. the only thing is i would like to be able to play the music through the car stereo system also, which it doesn't seem to do.

The dock has a lead which has a connector on the end that seems a bit alien to me, i wondered if it is possible to connect this lead somehow to my stereo system? so that i can play the music through it.

I brought the dock from a mercedes garage Jacksons in Poole the guy there wasent very helpful and couldn't really tell me how to use the ipod functions.

Any help would be great,

Many thanks
Darren

Old 03-13-2010, 10:05 AM

fire up your computer, open up your favorite search engine and type in the manufacturer name and model number of the part you bought. If you didn't get any "paperwork" with it, you should be able to find all of the appropriate documentation SOMEWHERE on the WWW.

Remember, as they say in the High-tech world, "If all else fails, RTFM (read the flippin' manual!!)"