Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

97 sl600 overhauled sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Default 97 sl600 overhauled sound system

like the subject says its been overhauled, sort of lol. on the door panels there is a group of two speakers, one 4" and another 2" i believe, but im not certain. the two 4" speakers got replaced with MB Quartz speaker, the two tweeters in the dash have been replaced with another set of MB Quartz. now the 4 "2 inch" speakers, one in each door near the handle and the two in the rear area near the acoustibass modul, are still there boose did a good job on the rage of those. Of course i do have a new stereo to go with it, its a pioneer, cant remmeber the model # at the moment. it has been wired with the factory wireing harness so easy in and out whenever i want. Now the real twist to this system is the single 10" JL Audio W7 subwoofer that sits right behind the driver and passenger seats. the only wiring you can see are the wires coming out of the amp in the trunk. i am very pleased with this system. i did all the work except for making the box, that credit goes to my cousin who has taught me everything about sound systems so far. if you would like to see pictures of it send me an IM on AIM my SN is reppintha666. oh yea, btw... my furture plan is to pull out the acoustibass and the wooden "box" that covers it and out in two 10: W7's with an interior body molded box.