05-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Join Date: May 2008
FOR SALE: 1980 Mercedes 300TD Diesel Wagon
For sale is an automatic 1980 Mercedes 300TD diesel station Wagon. The car is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically.
Here are the highlights:
* We are the 3rd owners of the vehicle and have owned it for 10 years.
* We have all the service and maintenance records for the life of the vehicle including the original purchase invoice. This car has been meticulously maintained!
* The car has spent almost all its life in the mild climate of Southern California. I drove it to Washington state in January.
* Odometer reads about 180,000 miles. BUT, it had a FACTORY INSTALLED NEW engine put in about 100,000 miles ago. (reciept on hand)
* Rebuilt transmission 62,000 miles ago (reciept on hand).
* Recent work 2,000 miles ago includes:
- 4 new high end BF Goodrich tires ($500 value)
- Left and Right rear Nitrogen chambers for the self-leveling suspension system ($670 value)
- New alternator and belts ($360 value)
* Get this: The original owner of the car was the Hollywood actress Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (Cassandra Peterson), and her husband. Their names are all over the service records and they didn't spare any expense to maintain this vehicle wonderfully.
* Interior is in great shape and is made of MB-Tex.
* It has never run biodiesel or vegetable oil but could easily do so.
* It has the 3rd seat in the rear which can be folded down when not being used.
* Valid registration through 2009.
* The AC and the cruise control DO NOT work.
* There are 2 cracks on the dashboard. Apparently there are inexpensive replacements available.
NADA is the only online car valuation service that I know of that lists cars from 1980. They list this car's high retail price as $15,800 and the average retail as $10,500. No doubt this car is much nicer than the average mercedes wagon of this class however I am asking the "average" price. Here is the link to this car's listing on their website:
This car runs wonderfully and looks great. I can't emphasize enough how well the car runs. Mechanics often comment that it runs particularly well compared to what they usually see. The photos are quite white-washed and they don't do a good job representing the car's beauty. It's truly a gem. Thanks for looking. Please email with interest or questions.
For Photos: http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/car/672532391.html
Car is located in Port Townsend, Washington.