Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

worst car you ever owned

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Default worst car you ever owned

My worst car was a 1967 Vauxhall Victor 101.Nice car to drive at first,but turned out to be the biggest heap of s***t to ever come out a car factory.Think of any problem a car can have,that had all of them plus a few more never heard of.This car was about the worst thing General Motors ever did.
-John-

Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Default RE: worst car you ever owned

Mine was a 97 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, great looking car, but in the 1.5 years of owning the pile of GM Crap it blew 4 computers, 2 starters, and several other "minor" components. When I traded the car in I swore to only buy import cars & now 7 years later that decision still stands!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

I have not owned a car that i considered to be my worst car. I have enjoyed all of them just in different ways. And i wish i had my Trooper back that thing was a beast.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

The worst car that I've ever driven, not owned, was one of the newer Ford Focuses with the inline 4 cylinders. It had these micro sized mirrors that I could barely see out of or use, and worst of all the engine had no power what so ever. You really were risking your life taking one of those things onto the highway. I had it floored and it took forever to get to 80mph. Haha

-Matt-

Old 02-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

83 subaru gl 4dr. ugly and reliable

Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

They made the coupe devilles in 1997?

I cannot say that I owned any bad cars because I go through a rigourous process before buying one and never rush. The worst car I've test driven and concidered buying at first was the PT cruiser. That thing is horrible and what was I thinking. They allowed me to keep it for a week and I couldn't wait to take it back.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM

91 Plymouth Laser. Enough said!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:42 AM

1978 Ford Fairmount. I didn't personally own it, but remember it well as I recommended it to my Mom. She purchased it new from a friend of mine who was climbing the ladder at the local Ford dealership. (He probably owns his own dealership by now-haven't seen him in years) It was poorly designed and cheaply constructed. Fortunately, Mom couldn't have cared less-she drove cars with no seeming sense of the attributes or defects of the car. She might as well have been riding on a bus for all the care she gave to what she was driving. (Although, she always said she liked the looks of the MB 280SL, but never would have spent the money) At any rate, due to my guilt for recommending it, I spent hours taking it in for service and complaining to my friend about the pile of sh*t that Ford had made.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

That Subaru might have been ugly but most problem free vehicles i have ever been around.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:07 PM

My worst was an MGB. What a piece. I had it when I lived in Northern Utah surrounded by mountains. The thing couldn't keep pace up most of the roads. It left me stranded many times. I can't figure out now why I kept going back to get it. I don't even remember what year it was--some sort of mental block, I guess.

I hope that thing is a boat anchor now resting at the bottom of some polluted bay in a third world country.

Quick Reply: worst car you ever owned