New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Potential W123 buyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Default Potential W123 buyer

Hello everyone.

My name is Freddy and I have been contemplating on buying a w123 in the near future and wanted some advice.

I have been a lurker on several w123 forums and decided to sign up.

First a little background information:

I have been working on cars my entire life and have a true passion for working on automobiles(Foreign and domestic).

Recently I have become an all-Porsche man but have had other marques including but not limited to BMW M3's, Benz CLK430/Ml63, Mustang 5.0's, Fiat Abarth etc.

My main objective is to buy the nicest example out there without breaking the bank. I don't mind fixing consumable items on both the drivetrain and body/suspension but don't have the time for a basket case. I am leaning towards a 300D sedan or a 300td wagon but have also considered a Euro Spec 280E with the M110 but can't seem to find one. The purpose of this car would be a Sunday/Weekend hobby car and not a daily driver.

My max budget would be no more than $6000.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:58 AM
Default w123 for sale

Freddy,

I have a nice 1983 300 TD you may be interested in. Just under 150,000 miles. It has mostly been driven by the wife, she is loosing her sight now. getting shots in each eye hoping to correct it.

Just had wheel cleaned and repainted,and complete brakes. started with hose,
calipers,disc,and pads. Has a few other things need some care. Tach works part time, fuel gauge works part time,have fuses and was going to change them all to see if correct any problem. Has radio that came in it and some how the radio would come on in the garage and run battery down run battery down so removed fuse. Clock don't work. Also put on a new set of tires.
Body and interior is in xcellant condition. Wouldcompare it to being close to new. Just not able health wise to keep everything up as it should be any more.

I star back on CHEMO Wednesday and Thursday, but will be home all day Friday and,Saturday.If interested lt me know,and I will call you or you can call me.

Thanks,
Dewey Faircloth

Last edited by Dewey Faircloth; 12-07-2016 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dewey Faircloth
Freddy,

I have a nice 1983 300 TD you may be interested in. Just under 150,000 miles. It has mostly been driven by the wife, she is loosing her sight now. getting shots in each eye hoping to correct it.

Just had wheel cleaned and repainted,and complete brakes. started with hose,
calipers,disc,and pads. Has a few other things need some care. Tach works part time, fuel gauge works part time,have fuses and was going to change them all to see if correct any problem. Has radio that came in it and some how the radio would come on in the garage and run battery down run battery down so removed fuse. Clock don't work. Also put on a new set of tires.
Body and interior is in xcellant condition. Wouldcompare it to being close to new. Just not able health wise to keep everything up as it should be any more.

I star back on CHEMO Wednesday and Thursday, but will be home all day Friday and,Saturday.If interested lt me know,and I will call you or you can call me.

Thanks,
Dewey Faircloth
Thanks Dewey.

I am keeping an open mind in my search so I am most definitely interested to see what you have for sale.

Feel free to pm me with any info or pics.

Where are you located?

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:13 AM

I live in Semmes, Alabama about 12 miles out from Mobile.
Will get some pictures and send to you. Most likely Friday.

Thanks for the interest,
Dewey

Old 12-07-2016, 07:30 PM

If you would send me your E-MAIL address, I'll send yo some good pictures over the weekend. Have been pondering on what to do with what I have. Seeing your post it just hit me to start selling out. Have too many toys that I'll never be able to make use of.
Thinking about now listing it on EBAY, and CRAIGSLIST. Some time when awake 3 and 4
days and nights, have plenty time to think.

Thanks,
Dewey

MY E-MAIL = dfrx1@juno.com

Old 12-22-2016, 01:45 PM

Dewey,

I have been trying to reply to you but the forum would not allow me to.