New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Noob question, difference between C, S, E

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Default Noob question, difference between C, S, E

What's the difference between a C class, S class and E class? The reason I ask is I am trying to decide between a 2005 C230 vs say a 2003 E320 etc. I'll be using the car to take clients to view property and originally was thinking about the c230 because of it's fuel mileage but man the E class is looking nice. So what's the difference between the three, C,S,E??? Thanks!

-Sly

Old 07-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Noob question, difference between C, S, E

if for clients, you absolutely needs S-Class.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:20 AM

Hi
I agreed with Sleepwalker. In order to show your face to customers, S-Class tell your customer everything and trustfullness. However, I recommend you to lease them instead of buying due to its fast depreciation price in the market and expensive to buy. C-Class is an Entry Level of Mercedes Benz starting around $29,995 is a C230 ( 4-cylinder supercharger Engine. German stands for Kompressor). More expensive C-Class is C280 (6-Cylinder 2.8 Liter Engine), C320 (6-Cylinder 3.2 Liter Engine), C55 (AMG Sport Specialty or Special Edition with 8-cylinder Engine). E-Class is Mid-Level of Mercedes Benz cars and the Best Selling Class in America for several year and to me also the best Class among others Mercedes Benz classes. This class concentrate on the Middle Class People. If you want to buy, I recommend you to buy the first line of E-Class is E350. There are different kinds of E-Class starting with E350(6-Cylinder 3.5 Liter which is replaced the older version 3.2 Liter of E320 from 1995 -2004), E500 (8-Cylinder 5.0 Liter Engine)E600( 12-Cylinder 6.0 Liter Engine and this is s limited production), E55 (AMG Specialty with 8-Cylinder and 5.5 Liter Engine). The C55 and E55 were Top-Of-The-Line of C and E Classes. The top class is S-Class which is also has the similar lines such as S320 now probably upgrade to S350, S500, S600, S55 and another new class called CLS-Class, SL-Class is the coupe version of S-Class. Also they has Coupe for above C and E-Classes such as: SLK230, SLK 320 (all convertible), CLK-Classes(Coupe and Convertible). In Truck Models, they also has ML350, ML500, ML55, G-Class and now the new R-Class just joined this line. There are so many models in Mercedes Benz and so far I have known and I may miss some models and other members can help you. I am a Benz's lover and I collected each model information every year until 2003 I stop to do it since I don't enjoy the new look so I may miss some of them but I hope these info showed you some pictures of Mercdes Benz cars.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 07-15-2006, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the responses guys! Here's the problem, I don't want to drop 80k on an S class. I was thinking about the 05 C230 only because it's rated at 34mpg and I will be putting over 3k miles on the car per month. I'm a real estate broker and own my own company so I still need something that looks good and classy that gets great fuel mileage but like I said I don't want to drop the dime for an S Class, at least not at this point. What would you recommend for say up to $30k but not older than 2003? Thanks!

-Sly

Old 07-15-2006, 11:19 PM

Hi
According to your expectation, I think it is hard to get a Benz which is newer than 2003 for only $30,000 even you just want to get a Great Mileage one. The new Benz's price get higher eaach year due to newer technologies added on it and be fair they added too slow compared to other brands Like Lexus, Acura or Infinity. I just look at the new Nissan Maxima which is a lot lower class than Mercedes but has some advance features which I can only see on S-Class !!!! Mercedes Benz must acts quickly or one day no one will bother to buy it since the Hi-Tech today changes every single day. I am an Engineer so I folllowed it up very closed and feel very disappointed with Mercedes Benz Equipments. I agreed totally with you that even I loved Benz so much, I will not put $80,000 on S-Class and it will drops dramatiscally in just few years and since you are a Real States Broker, I believe you don't want your money go away in that unacceptable way. However, if you want to get e new Benz with Great Mileage and low cost, You can only check with Private Parties, you may be able to find a near new at low cost. You can check online, sometime, they have a very good deal. Otherwise, you need to prepare around $36,000 in order to get a Great C230 Kompressor 4Dr. I think that is a good car and low cost with High Performance. I have tested Drive it and feel great. I just felt one thing that is was too simple for a car at that price level. With that price, I can get an Acura TL or Lexus IS350 or BMW325i with more advance features. But that is your call. I think go and test drive first all those models you has a target price and make a final decision than asking around because, experience told me that no one can judge the car paid by your money than yourself, your own taste. Good Luck for your new car and drop me an email when you get it. Thanks.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 03-01-2024, 01:50 PM
Check out this blog. you will get the information you want :
https://www.autopronashville.com/blo...pro-nashville/

Old 03-03-2024, 06:40 PM
Default Exemplary Сasual Dating - Living Women

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated site for casual dating adventures.
True Females Superlative Сasual Dating
Superlative Сasual Dating