New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New Mercer from Oman

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Default New Mercer from Oman

Hello All,

Im saleh from Oman and Im new here. The reason why I actually signed up here is because I have seen many people getting their car issues solved and hoped I could get an answer for mine.

I own a '08 s550 4matic and it has around 65K miles on it. Today while I was driving it, the check engine light suddenly came ON and I noticed a vibration on the car. I stopped the car and opened the bunnet and saw that the engine was vibrating a bit. Switched off the car then turned it ON again and the check engine light along with the vibration went away.

any idea what could have caused that to happen?

Thanks

Saleh

Old 12-25-2016, 03:14 PM

Hello from Canada, First your car has a On Board Diagnostic Computer. I suggest you purchase a OBD 2 plug in reader. By international convention the outlet plug in, must be located within easy reach of the driver when behind the wheel. They are not Merc specific, and the codes are to my understanding universal. I payed about 14 Oman Rials for mine and it is both simple to use and easy to read. Once it is plugged in it will tell you any codes IE p0420 . Then once you have that information to share one of the members should be able to guide you. Good luck Allan