New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

96 C220 immobliser problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Default 96 C220 immobliser problem

Is there anyone knows how to by-pass immobliser? Thanks

Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM

First thing to try is to lock and unlock the doors with the blade key. Does the car crank, but not run? Whats the problem?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Default Thanks for response

The infarred key we had went bad. We also took the neg battery cable off for other reasons during this time period. We purchased a new infarred key from area Mercedes dealer. The key would not work in re-setting the immobliser. Took car to area Mercedes dealer. They got mercedes tech help,...long story short, the immobliser has lost it's codes and must be replaced with a new one from mercedes costing $750.00. We do not want to spend that much money on this car. Have heard it is possible to jumper wire around the immobliser??? The car will run with starting fluid for 30 seconds or so. I have hot wired the fuel pump but the car will not start presently. Hoping some one knows a "trick" around the immobliser? Car has 144K miles and is pretty good shape. Thanks for response.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by dollyran
The infarred key we had went bad. We also took the neg battery cable off for other reasons during this time period. We purchased a new infarred key from area Mercedes dealer. The key would not work in re-setting the immobliser. Took car to area Mercedes dealer. They got mercedes tech help,...long story short, the immobliser has lost it's codes and must be replaced with a new one from mercedes costing $750.00. We do not want to spend that much money on this car. Have heard it is possible to jumper wire around the immobliser??? The car will run with starting fluid for 30 seconds or so. I have hot wired the fuel pump but the car will not start presently. Hoping some one knows a "trick" around the immobliser? Car has 144K miles and is pretty good shape. Thanks for response.
Did you have this problem with the immobilser before the original key went bad? what happens when you turn the key in the ignition? any dash lights? does the steering wheel unlock? does the central locking work with the remote? The car cranks but just wont run?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Default 96 c220

The car ran fine untill I removed the neg battery cable. When removed the cable the immobliser activated. The old key electronics would not work. We ordered new key from Mercedes. When the neg battery cable was taken off, the infarred box lost it's codes. The new key works everything fine, the car just won't re set the immobliser. The red light blinks on mirror then the green but once you turn the car over it starts blinking both lights because the immobliser has lost it codes. Every thing lights up, dash lights, everything....mercedes says it needs new immobliser box with factory settings and codes installed. I don't want to spend the money if there is a way around the immobliser?? Thanks

Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by dollyran
The car ran fine untill I removed the neg battery cable. When removed the cable the immobliser activated. The old key electronics would not work. We ordered new key from Mercedes. When the neg battery cable was taken off, the infarred box lost it's codes. The new key works everything fine, the car just won't re set the immobliser. The red light blinks on mirror then the green but once you turn the car over it starts blinking both lights because the immobliser has lost it codes. Every thing lights up, dash lights, everything....mercedes says it needs new immobliser box with factory settings and codes installed. I don't want to spend the money if there is a way around the immobliser?? Thanks
I sent you a private message.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Default 96 c220

our email is: dorandu@windstream.net
Thanks so much!