Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Wont start no fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Default Wont start no fuel pressure

Been having some issues with my 2001 SLK320 for about a week now. At first it was really, really hard to start but eventually did, but would bog out when I hit the gas.

Drove it around the block a few times to see if it would clear itself. Pulled back into the drive way, now it will stay running at all and is even harder to start, but when it finally does start it dies right away.

Checked the fuel preesure and it's dead 0. Checked the K40 relay board, looked fine, even tested with an Ohm meter, all seems fine.

So I checked the fuel pump:

I checked the Fuel pump with a voltmeter. With the ignition on, but not started the voltage across the fuel pump reads 0 volts. While trying to start the car, the voltage reads 10 Volts. Then when you turn the key of it jumps to 12 volts for a second or so.
I could also feel the pump working during this time.

So I disconnected the positive lead to the fuel pump and ran a wire directly from the battery to the fuel pump. I was then getting 40 PSI on the fuel pressure guage. So the Fuel pump seems to work.

I then tried starting the car in this configuration and it starts easily (Normal) but has the same problem where it bogs out when you give it gas.
I also tried disconnecting the MAF and it didn't make a difference. I even tried disconnecting the battery for a bit then trying it again with the MAF disconected still same issue.

Can anyone help with this issue?