Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Will not start

Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Angry Will not start

My Slk230 will only start if it get's a jump and if I turn her off will not start what could be wrong? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I live in a small town in Florida and the mechanics here shy away from it. Will not work on a MB .I am stuck.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 AM

Hi my name is Ramon and im having the same issue with my 01 C320 I just changed my battary but it was an interstate battary which the garage says was ok? and within a week the battary was drained but once i get a boost it runs great but all my electronics in the car are whacky. For instance the wipers stop working when the car comes to a stop my passanger seat does not work I get a warning that my hood is open once i shut the car off my battary completly drains yet again. I set all my light setting in the car to 0 and made sure everything was off. Does anyone have a clue as to what the issue is does this have to do more with the battary and everything needs to be reset?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Lupe, take your car to any auto parts store like Napa, Autozone and they will test your battery and alternator for free but it sounds like your battery needs replacement.
I believe Mercedes roadside assistance will replace your battery for free anywhere you are, you just pay the cost of battery.

Ramon, your car is just protecting your electronics from undervoltage and shuts them down when it feels voltage drop in electrical system. Something is shorting out or draining your battery without blowing the fuse out. First, have your alternator tested at any local auto parts store or if you have a voltmeter, check the battery voltage before starting up the engine (12.4 to 12.6 Volts) and at idle (13.8 to 14.00 Volts) to see, if your alternator is working right.

Both of you, be very careful with jump starting your cars, do it as instucted in your owner's manual other wise, you could damage some electronic components and as you know, they are not cheap to replace.
Good luck,
Bernard