Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

slk230 non starter

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Default slk230 non starter

Hi All,

New member here, my wife's 99 SLK230 will not start, the full story is, came back off holiday on Saturday, Sunday used car to go to the supermarket for some shopping, I drove and noticed indicators weren't working, coming on solid, no flash, hazard warning same thing, I proceeded to strip out under dash panel to look for flasher unit, to no avail, I read on here that it is under the bonnet and part of some other expensive module unit, I took the lid off the big black box which houses all the electronic gear and with the hazards on gave the modules a clout with my hand, bingo, hazards started flashing, cool, that's that fixed then, so I thought, but I could hear this quiet siren noise, and upon trying to start the engine, no joy, I left the battery disconnected all night in the hope that something might reset,( it is not the battery as even with my big charger on nothing changes) but again no joy, starter motor engages and turns engine for a turn or two, then stops, engine tries to fire but it sounds like the ignition gets cut, is this an immobiliser problem ? Car has been faultless up to this point, we have had it for over two years, I bought it for Valentines for my dearly beloved and it is low mileage.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:21 PM

did you try locking and unlocking the car with your transmitter key? does the sound come from between the wipers? nice gift, they're great cars. I feel the same about my better half.

Last edited by brookings; 08-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.