Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Slk 55 Amg

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Default Slk 55 Amg

Hi all,
I am new to the forum so you will have to forgive me that I have not contributed as yet, I have a question which I hope someone will be able to help me with. I have EU spec slk 55 2007 model, I have had to relocate from the EU to the United Kingdom, I have been told by the DVLA, in order for the vehicle to comply with British road safety I have to change my rear foglight to the right hand side, and also change my headlights to point to opposite side than europe so as not to dazzle other motorists.

I have spoken to Mercedes UK and they are happy to do this but at what I consider a unfair charge, I am under the impression that I maybe able to adjust these two items myself, I just need someone to explain to me how!! Hoping someone on the forum has the technical knowledge that is happy to advise me on this please..or maybe someone else that has been down this road themselves..

Thanks Again.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:59 PM

I have a 2007 SLK55 AMG, it is European spec (left hand Drive) I have been informed that I have to change the dipping of the headlights to conform to UK law, I have been told by Mercedes UK that the lights are not adjustable.. and to be legal I will have to purchase new UK spec headlights..I find this madness, I have owned several Mercedes cars before and these have all been adjustable to dipp to either side, could you please advise if this is possible on this model.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by JMSLK55
I have a 2007 SLK55 AMG, it is European spec (left hand Drive) I have been informed that I have to change the dipping of the headlights to conform to UK law, I have been told by Mercedes UK that the lights are not adjustable.. and to be legal I will have to purchase new UK spec headlights..I find this madness, I have owned several Mercedes cars before and these have all been adjustable to dipp to either side, could you please advise if this is possible on this model.

Hi, have you tried the Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums, it's a UK group and I have had a lot of good advice from some clued up guys on there. I'm sure they could help you. Good luck.