Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

SLK 230 '01 model - Check Engine light on Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Default SLK 230 '01 model - Check Engine light on Help

My check engine light came on and the car seems to hesitate very little at low speeds some times. The OBD II code read "secondary injection system". I put some fuel injector cleaner in to see if it will help. Last time I got this after getting some bad gas and had it reset.
Any ideas?? Is it the fuel injectors?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Sorry to hear you're having a similar problem. My SLK is performing the same but in addition to the P0410 code I also have a P0341 (CAM POS Sensor) code. I've posted a thread on this so you may want to monitor that for ideas. I'll let you know when I find the solution.

I replaced the Cam Pos Sensor ($140) and it also cleared the Sec Fuel Inj P0410 code. 2 weeks now and no repeat.

Last edited by sflankey; 02-28-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Problem solved with P0341 and P0410 codes.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Thanks man

Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TheBenzMan
My check engine light came on and the car seems to hesitate very little at low speeds some times. The OBD II code read "secondary injection system". I put some fuel injector cleaner in to see if it will help. Last time I got this after getting some bad gas and had it reset.
Any ideas?? Is it the fuel injectors?

Your MAF needs to be cleaned. Very simple ten min. job.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by sflankey
Sorry to hear you're having a similar problem. My SLK is performing the same but in addition to the P0410 code I also have a P0341 (CAM POS Sensor) code. I've posted a thread on this so you may want to monitor that for ideas. I'll let you know when I find the solution.
The cam sensor is aroubd $40 from a dealer and only takes a couple of min. to replace. Its located up front near the oil filter.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Default SLK 2000 Check Engine Light stays on....

The check engine light came on after I had filled the car with gas. I checked the cap and it seemed to be put on correctly. I ended up buying a new gas cap ($15) and still the light would not come off. So I decided to try patience. The car ran great, and after about 300 miles the light went off. I have not had a problem since then. Patience paid off this time, instead of running to the dealer to fix the problem immediately.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the reply, do you have any pics on the location of the MAF valve for an SLK 230 ' 01? What would I use to clean it.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Livefreeordie, do you have any pics and what to use to clean the MAF valve?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by TheBenzMan
Livefreeordie, do you have any pics and what to use to clean the MAF valve?

Hay sorry it took so long to reply to your post i don't visit here much. I use CRC cleaner which you can get at any auto parts store for around $5.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Unhappy Starting problems SLK230

I think I may have similar problems on my SLK230 Kompressor, year 2003, 48k miles. Recently, it has been difficult to start but once running everything is okay. I've found fuse F2 has blown, located in the fuse box in the engine bay on top of the module which I think is called relay K3.

I also had the fault code for the cam sensor which I have replaced but I still get code PO414, listed as the Secondary Air Injection system.

I don't seem to have a fuse chart to identify F2 so I tried the obvious thing of just replacing it and it blew straight away, it's 15A.

I read a couple of threads about problems with early relay modules and so I had a close look at it but could not see anything wrong - nothing burnt and no poor solder joints.

I tried reseting the fault code but it just reappears.

I don't know if I have correctly identified the secondary air injection valves. When I trace the pipes they seem to go to the crankcase rather than the exhaust. So I think I think I might getting muddled with the crankcase breather system?

Does anyone know what the function of fuse F2 is? Can you point me to any thread that might help and are there any pictures of the secondary air system components?

Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks, John.

Quick Reply: SLK 230 '01 model - Check Engine light on Help