Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Alarm won't stop going off, after flat battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Default Alarm won't stop going off, after flat battery

Hi
I have a '98 SLK 230 Kompressor, the battery went flat (for an unknown reason, probably wife left lights on) it was recharged and replaced and now the alarm will not stop going off.

I unplugged the amp type connector to the alarm (a uk dealer fit at time of purchase back in '98 we we bought it new) and surprisingly the car still started and idled fine. Unfortunately it doesn't run very well forwards, as if it's badly 'missing' (oddly though reverse is fine) and plugging the alarm back in just causes it to go off continually until the battery goes flat again. it will stop sounding a little while after you lock the doors but immediately goes off again on re-opening them. Turning the ignition on or starting the car does not stop the alarm sounding. Neither does putting the alarm key (either the red or black one) in the socket for it.

Is there a set procedure to attempt to reset the alarm, plug it in with ignition on/off etc (a bit like on modern porsches) or is there a way to remove it easily without affecting the running of the car. Any wiring diagrams for the alarm connections or suggestions welcome.

Car is in good overall condition, no obvious earth wire problems - i've looked. it's done 100K miles

Thanks

Old 09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Default Engine misfire off idle

Have now removed the alarm module completely but the poor running of the engine at anything other than idle persists.

The engine idles just fine but any throttle at all causes it to misfire, it's almost as if it's in 'limp home' mode

Any ideas anyone?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Default Re: Alarm won't stop going off, after flat battery

I have same situation. I will try the following: Disconnect and charge battery. Reconnect. Alarm should sound. Lock car while alarm is sounding, preferably from trunk. Unlock.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 AM

alot of times the alarm siren itself goes bad and will keep going off, or also your slk has issues with the PSE module in the right side trunk gets water on it then youll have various issues.