Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

2006 SLK350 Tires and Run Flat Tire Option

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Default 2006 SLK350 Tires and Run Flat Tire Option

My 2006 SLK350 has only 10,500 mileson it (exactly two yrs from when we orderedit new from dealer) and the two rear tires are completely worn out. My wife drives this car and is not an aggressive driver so it is not from spinning the tires. The front tires are fine. The tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE050 245x40R17 - 91W.

Ialso ordered the Run Flat Tire option with the tire monitoring system on the car and when I went to the dealer to complain about the tires he said the wear is normal (hard to believe) but also told me that the car does not have Run Flat Tires on it and he rarely sees any MB's with them come in. I proved to him via themarketing brochure and the window sticker that I ordered the option, paid for the option, but did not get the option.He doesn't know what to say or do soI suggested he speak to the local MB rep, which he did and the rep told him there is no recourse from him. He also said the local rep doesn't deal with customers so he won't give me his contact information. The dealer "feels" bad, so he offered to replace the two rear tires for free with the same type tires. Not because of the wear, but to helpme recoup my $260 udgrade option which I did not get from the factory. I feel MB should replace all four tires with new Run Flat Tires but they refuse.

I have four questions:
[ol][*]Is anyone else experiencing this kind of rapid wear on the rear tires and what do you know about it?[*]Has anyone ever experienced the same thing with the Run Flat Tire option? [*]Any suggestions on what I should with the dealership or local rep regarding the Run Flat Tires I didn't get?[*]Are Run Flat Tires the same as Extended Mobility Tires?[/ol]
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.