Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

2000 slk 230 removing the two-lifting hydraulicactuators

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Question 2000 slk 230 removing the two-lifting hydraulicactuators

I made several mistakes removed all bolts from both brackets :
a. place top roof in position but does not close
b. can not remove yoke from shaft i even bought mdf wood i tightened it so tight the vice handled was bending and yoke still would not loosen. Driver side .
c. How do you remove the close limit switch from the bracket on the passenger side ; because it is blocking the pin don't see any screw to loosen.
d. The roof does not lock it seems like the trunk is not all the way down even though it closes.
e. both top lifting hydraulic actuators are leaking badly so i don't think im getting any help from them even if bottle is full.
f. Car was working fine took it to get the back window tinted and they could not get the the top back up . We checked the bottle and it was empty but i didn't see any oil anywhere we refilled it and by hand put the top back up . We tried the top up and down and it worked fine but now i saw oil leaking So i couldn't blame the tint shop since we could get the top working but oil was dripping now .
2. Final note I did purchase the work handout by Shockwave technologies so im not going in there blind Need help any suggestions is welcome.