Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Newby needs a little help please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 AM
ctc
Thumbs up Newby needs a little help please...

Good morning all, new to the forum but not to forums in general...

I own a 2003 SL55 AMG which has an issue with the drivers door pin switch (under the striker in the B pillar)
When opening the door, the window should drop, the interior lights should illuminate and the seat should be able to be tilted forward to gain access to the rear... None of this is working on the drivers side only!

I have yesterday removed the drivers (UK car) door latch to find no micro switches! So refitted it and found the switch in the B pillar, I removed them from both sides of the car and swapped them but they both work on the passengers side! I have metered out the wires and found on the passengers door there is a small power supply through one wire which is grounded when the pin switch is activated... No reading (dead) on the same wire on the drivers side...

Would anyone have either come across this (known problem) before? Or does anyone have wiring details as to where the other end of that wire goes please?

I took the passenger side carpet up removed the BOSE box and found no control boxes there to check so am now alittle stuck!

Please can anyone help?

Best regards Craig...

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
ctc

Bump

Please...