Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Newbie with a BLUTOOTH Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Newbie with a BLUTOOTH Question

My WIFE just purchased a 2006 sl55 AMG. This is the first German car that we have owned. The car is in excellent shape, however several things were missing from the car , a second key and the owners manual./ I found the manual and learned about the "key"

I got her a MB bluetooth converter for hands free operation. I cant find any detailed info on this install other than it says that it goes in the center arm rest. Knowing the "Internet" won't lie to me, I checked several sights and now more confused than ever. I find nothing to plug it into in the arm rest, and I saw a photo of one that looked like it was in the ash tray. One said take the arm rest apart and it was inside it. I don't see a clearway to do this.

I have built and wired several street rods, but I am at a loss over this.

The acessory is a MB cradle adaptor, that looks like it does slide-plug into a something......something is what I can't find.

Am I missing parts or do I need to tear into the arm rest

Gentlemen, guide me I need help to sort this one out. Thanks in advance, STEVE

Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 AM

No expert but check the glove box for plug in.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM

JIM, I checked didnot find any thing will check with a dealer see what they say, THANKS, STEVE

Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 PM

It is in the center armrest in the upper side.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mercedes Tin Man
My WIFE just purchased a 2006 sl55 AMG. This is the first German car that we have owned. The car is in excellent shape, however several things were missing from the car , a second key and the owners manual./ I found the manual and learned about the "key"

I got her a MB bluetooth converter for hands free operation. I cant find any detailed info on this install other than it says that it goes in the center arm rest. Knowing the "Internet" won't lie to me, I checked several sights and now more confused than ever. I find nothing to plug it into in the arm rest, and I saw a photo of one that looked like it was in the ash tray. One said take the arm rest apart and it was inside it. I don't see a clearway to do this.

I have built and wired several street rods, but I am at a loss over this.

The acessory is a MB cradle adaptor, that looks like it does slide-plug into a something......something is what I can't find.

Am I missing parts or do I need to tear into the arm rest

Gentlemen, guide me I need help to sort this one out. Thanks in advance, STEVE
in the armrest you might see a black square cover, it covers the bluetooth connection, but your car might have the harness installed in it, or called prewired. if you open your center armrest and look closely at the false floor, you might see a cut out pattern where the bluetooth dongle installs.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Chassis 221, yes there is a faint out line of a "dongle" there, now what, cut it to see if its in there? I talked to alocal guy, that seemed knowlegeable on it, he said the car was not equipped and the cost to do so was around 2k. Sionce it has everyother concievable add on item, I find it strange that wasn't included.

Thanks for your interest and help. STEVE

Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mercedes Tin Man
Chassis 221, yes there is a faint out line of a "dongle" there, now what, cut it to see if its in there? I talked to alocal guy, that seemed knowlegeable on it, he said the car was not equipped and the cost to do so was around 2k. Sionce it has everyother concievable add on item, I find it strange that wasn't included.

Thanks for your interest and help. STEVE
If it was prewired, there would be a connection there to plug a dongle into. there are cheaper ways to achieve what you want. its not worth the cost to wire it.