Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Might purchase 07 SL550 H E L P 1st Mercedes !

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Default Might purchase 07 SL550 H E L P 1st Mercedes !

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I work for a Toyota dealership and we just took in an excellent condition 2007 Pearl White - 42412 mile SL 550. Non smoker 2nd owner trade in that he purchased from Mercedes Benz of Cool Springs TN. He purchased it as a Certified Pre Owned and then purchased the Mercedes Extended Warranty coverage.

Please help with these questions as this would be my 1st Mercedes and I am worried about several possible issues.

I can purchase the car for 35600.00 which seems to be a good price IS IT ?

Never been in an accident - no paint work - leather is a 9.2 on a 10 scale.

Paint is a 9.0 on a 10 scale.

Has the clear front bra on it which has kind of " yellowed " SHOULD IT BE REMOVED ?

The wheels have a " turbine " look to them and some minor " curb rash " which I can have fixed by our wheel refinisher vendor but I also want the wheels POLISHED who and where can I send them to be brought back to a new - shiny - polished look.

Is the car reliable ? What is going to break ? How long is the convertable top mechanism good for ? What maintenence is required for the convertable top mechanism ?

Is the Mercedes extended warranty transferable and if so how much time would be left on it from the original purchase date ?

The car is in awesome shape - Continental high performance tires - and so on BUT I do not wan to buy a headache and dont have the time or money to be bothered by things happenning with the convertable roof and mechanism.

Need advice - please.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 PM

This doesn't sound like a bad deal. The extended warranty should be transferrable, but you need to verify that with the dealer that issued it. Plan on routine maintenance costing more than any other car you have owned. If it will strain your budget to cover that, you'll be sorry you bought the car. You will want to keep it in great shape...not only because it's a great looking car, and you want it looking/running well, but to maintain its value! BTW, just for reference, you can count on those Continentals wearing out at around 30K, maybe less. If you're up for all that, you'll LOVE the car...guaranteed.