Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

A/C push button control module displays temperature in Celcius not Farenheit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 PM
NMB
Default A/C push button control module displays temperature in Celcius not Farenheit

I just had a new A/C push button control module installed in my 1996 S320 Mercedes. When I turned the unit on I noticed that the temperature was displayed in Celcius not Farenheit. Can anyone help me convert the unit to display the temperature in Farenheit? Is there a code to input on the control module?

Thanks

NMB

Old 07-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Default RE: A/C push button control module displays temperature in Celcius not Farenheit

Hello NMB, I have a 95" S320. Your module should be the same. Is there a push button that looks like ( F%/C% ) if so turn on system an press, that it.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 PM
NMB
Default RE: A/C push button control module displays temperature in Celcius not Farenheit

How is it going SANDDOG?

I don't have anything on my display that has any with ( F%/C% ) on it. Neither my old or new control module had that option.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2004, 12:24 AM

Ask Sleepwalker, he may know, he's has helped in the past.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:39 AM
NMB

Thanks

Old 07-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

SANDDOG was right. there is a button to change it from C to F.
but since you said yours got none, i assume that you have the new version AAC pushbutton control unit because the production break point was somewhere in june 1995. the reason why SANDDOG and yours is different.

anyway, you can still change it to degress fahrenheigt, but i always do it by using the handheld tester, and have not done using the pushbutton before...therefore i almost forget. anyway, here it goes:

what you want to do now is to change the variant coding. if you don't get it at first try, just do it again and again, it will not affect or damage your AAC control unit at all. so keep your fingers crossed.

1. ignition "on".

2. set the left display to "high", and the right display to "low".

3. ignition "off".

4. press the "rest" button and simultaneously switch the ignition "on"
> the display on the left that you see (P1) is the first value. the lists of the value that you need is on the bottom, that i make for your input. it is at 1 hertz, and on the right e.g. is "03".

5. press the right temperature selector button. ("blue = < and the red is =&gt. got it? the value is changing...right?

left display to "high", and the right display to "low".

6. store the first value by pressing the "rest" button for more than 1 seconds. advance to second value by pressing it again ( i seems to forgot if it was the "rest" button. i need a bit of help from you on this one. please try the other buttons if the "rest" button doesn't work)

7. now the display on the left is "P2" (second value ) at 1 hertz. right e.g. "02".

8. press the right temperature selector button ("blue = < ; red = &gt.

9. store the second value by pressing the "rest" button for more than 1 seconds. (same as step 6 including the note...hehehe).

10. ignition "off".

now check if it is okay now...it should be. if not, just do it again, no problem.

here's your 1st numerical value list:

COD - new unprogrammed AAC control module
00 - model 140 (this is your car!)
01 - fahrenheigt display ( just what you are looking for )
03 - celcius display ( don't enter this value )
72 - serial interfaces K1 and K2

2nd numerical value list:

01 - m104 (this is your engine. use this value)
02 - m119 (8 cylinder)
03 - m120 (12 pistons)
04 - om603 (diesel)
+8 - blower bar (you know it)
+128 - smog caption switch

good luck.

tip: if you press the "rest" button for more than 5 seconds, you will see a lot of actual values that may interest you.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:12 AM

So, this is the later improved replacement version that is better than having a toggle button?

Old 07-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

yes. it looks like a rectangle with the lcd on the middle.

the older model can also be accessed by pressing the rest button...or the 0 and rest button together. you will see many value such as your batt voltage, temperature sensors, etc.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:52 PM
NMB

Sleepwalker,

Thanks for the help. I have the setting back on Farenheit, but ran into 2 problems. The first is that once I input a value within the (P1) I can not input another (P1) value. Holding reset does not help when trying to input another value. You have to hit the "EC" button and this locks in the (P1) value that you have set. Hit the "EC" button again and it automatically goes to (P2) once you hit "EC" it will lock this value in. Do you know how to stay with in the (P1) setting until all is complete and then go to the (P2) set of values?

The next problem is when I set the values for (P1) & (P2) that you gave me to use, I can no longer use the Push buttons for center air outlets. These are the red and blue buttons that are located in the center of the vents Where did I go wrong?

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Thanks

NMB

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

yes. it looks like a rectangle with the lcd on the middle.

the older model can also be accessed by pressing the rest button...or the 0 and rest button together. you will see many value such as your batt voltage, temperature sensors, etc.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

[quote]ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

8. press the right temperature selector button ("blue = < ; red = &gt.

this will go forward or backward to let you store the next value.

you must store 00, 01, and 72 for the 1st value and 01, and +8 for the second value.

just try redoing it. as i said i haven't done it before but you can always change them.

share with us what you learned, okay?

Quick Reply: A/C push button control module displays temperature in Celcius not Farenheit