Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

07 s class

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Default 07 s class

is it me , or does the new s class exterior step back to the sel sdl look or what ? nice lines ! passed one today, cant wait for the s class in diesel hopefully by 08, [sm=happybounce.gif] but cant afford till 2018 ! [sm=smiley11.gif]

Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Default RE: 07 s class

It has a nice presence IMO from the front 3/4 very nice with hints of W220 and some old school as well. The trunk detail is only marginally better than the new 7 series that was beat with an ugly stick. I hope they bring a nice V8 Diesel though I am sure the 6 will be sufficient. I plan to get one in a few years after all the new buyers take the depreciation. When I can get one under 30K I will go for it. Given the way the MB products have fared in the marketplace in the last 10 years The wait won't be too long.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 PM

ditto!

Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM

i got one ..but the thing is you cant drive the car past 130mph...that my only complaint....

Old 07-22-2006, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: lemonlib

i got one ..but the thing is you cant drive the car past 130mph...that my only complaint....
Renntech can fix that problem for you very easily. Does it have a rear camera, something introduced on the 2000 Q45.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:49 AM

whats renntech?? are they in souther california? am in Los Angeles

Yup i got a parktronic upgrade and a rear camera...that camera should come standard in all models..but it not....so long of a car and no cam..
and i also got the night vision...the amg sport package.. the massage chair...the leveling on curve deal....except the radar cruise control deal and ipod adapter.. ..

Lemon

Old 07-23-2006, 03:11 PM

Renntech as I recall is in Florida, however what you need is software related which could be obtained from them and any good high end shop can upgrade you. Here is a link.

Why would one need an ipod adapter with a built in 20Gig HD that could upload everything on the ipod? Interestingly the new Chrysler Sebring will have the same 20Gig HD that has DVD capabilities as well.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hapaschold

is it me , or does the new s class exterior step back to the sel sdl look or what ? nice lines ! passed one today, cant wait for the s class in diesel hopefully by 08, [sm=happybounce.gif] but cant afford till 2018 ! [sm=smiley11.gif]

Now I've been seeing the "new" S-class since I arrived in Germany. So they finally made it to the states?

Accoding to statements and publishings before they released the vehicle, they was trying to take it back to the W140 style and presence as far as being big large tank (as you recall they k9inda downsized the outside proportions of the W220 as compared to the W140.) To me, it looks like they retained some hints of the W140 and of course it looks mostly like an updated W220, but to me it's way nicer and have more of the traditional S-class street presence more than the W220. But that blasted trunk!! What in the world? I think Mercedes have been watching BMW too hard this time but did a better job, but in a way, the rear end looks like they was actually trying to add a little Maybach to it.

And of course the US version is governed speed limit but I think 130 mph is a little stiff. I think a Cadillac can usually go that fast. Here in Germany, I really don't know the true speed these beasts can go, but I know for sure it's faster than 130 mph. I was doing 110 mph (not in my car.) and one zipped past me as if I was standing still, way faster than 20 mph faster than I was going.

I probably won't buy one anytime soon until I see how relable the eletronics and software is.
And the term luxury is seems to changing in definition as compared to what it used to mean. Remember, back in the day, luxury ride meant super comfort, quiet smooth ride, leather or velour seats, and a car you can bet will be around for a while, and usually old luxury cars never go out of style and is easy to identify. Now, it's about how many new electronics you can fit into one car at a time, and the name prestige with style that might or might not go out of style.

And I think they are giving the Sebring the same ipod thing is to mostly due to the fact that many lower end cheaper pocket rockets are coming with things like iPods and stuff so in result, the American side is starting to follow suit and if the lower end have iPod standard and or option why shouldn't a car that you pay $70,000+ for a car that don't come with iPod. No point in giving the lower end of cars an upper hand in anything. Plus it saves on production cost by using the same thing on both cars but I gurantee that for some reason it will be way more expensive to replace on the Mercedes than the Sebring if it breaks. The average buyer won't even know. Just as I know some people won't touch a Chevy with a ten yard pole because they say it's a GM product but rush out to buy a Cadillac not knowing it's also a GM product.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 AM

Several Cadillacs top out past 150 over here. I am amazed that the American companies use to be panty whipped and now many Euro companies limit thier cars here to 130 blaming our product liability laws. If that were the case they should limit them to 75. GM has to live with these same laws and the Z06 hits 197.

BW, I was being polite with my 7 series trunk comment but you are right, the trunk is ghastly. Had I the money, I would still buy one though (or perhaps the Quattroporte). That 20 Gig in the Sebring is no simple plug and play ipod, it has full DVD functions as well and integrates with the Nav/infotainment system.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Product liability laws huh? Hm, If some one was going to sue a auto maker when the crash at 150+ mph in a Mercedes, why wouldn't they sue if they crash going the same speed in a Corvette or Cadillac? And plus, it probably be hard to sue anyone if you crash at them speeds in the states. What probably will happen is that they will start asking the question of "Why where you going that fast?" and "Wasn't that way over the speed limit?" In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 150+mph guy get sued if there is another party involved due to the fact that his insurance company might just kick him. And these liability laws must be very recent. The W220 AMG is 155 mph. The W140 is 155 mph, the W126 is at least 150 mph and no telling what the prior ones to that. So what's with the sudden change to 130 mph?

Quick Reply: 07 s class