Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Royal Purple Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:44 PM
JTL
Default Royal Purple Oil?

Anyone utilizing the Royal Purple Synthetic in their Mercedes? I realize the push to use ONLY Mobil 1 (which is a good synthetic), but I'd like to hear from anyone who made the switch and why? Thanks for your feedback...

Old 07-26-2014, 06:27 AM
JTL

As one of the "Bobby Likis Believers" I drank the cool aid a long time ago with his endorsements of BG products then Royal Purple in other vehicles. The maintenance shop I work with (also long time track & drag racers) too have utilized these products for a long time. In my own vehicles, I can attest that my vehicles (all of them) are exceptionally clean and run very smoothly with this combination of products. We are new to the Mercedes Brand; however. I intend to nurture the ML like our other vehicles and planning on a long-term (15-20+ years) of low maintenance driving. Just wanted feedback if others have made this switch and why? I have three vehicles with over 200K miles on them and they all purr like kittens (one an 05' F250 diesel pulling heavy trailer year round and it too has an engine & tranny that appear to be in fantastic condition due to my formula). Anybody doing thisa with the MB?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
JTL

Actually from what I have learned, Mobil 1 is the "blended Class III" oil and RP (and a few others) are the actual full synthetic? Update on our ML350 - as slight as it may be, I can actually tell a little difference in sound and runs just a tad smoother with the RP! Besides, will be changing every 5000 miles instead of the 10K as prescribed by MB (as I do on all vehicles). I think I've made a good choice and would encourage others to research (as I did) thoroughly before making this change to better inform yourself of these decisions. For me it is a good decision...