Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

HELP! Windshield wipers not working

Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Default HELP! Windshield wipers not working

Hey all. My wife drives our 2006 ML350 and stated yesterday that her phone wasn't charging. I checked the front passenger 12v outlet and it was dead. Checked the fuse in rear panel and it was good. Then checked all 12v outlets. all dead and fuses good and no power to those fuse locations using my voltage light. Pulled the fuse for the rear wiper to test for power and none. This led me to the front wipers. not working from the stalk, so I checked the fuses. All good, but when testing with volt tester, light did not come on with alligator clip on ground but did when clip was put on a hot lead. Is this an indication of a grounded circuit? Do the 12v outlets and wipers share a relay or control unit? Not sure if anything else is not working. ANY ideas would be helpful!!

Old 06-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Thumbs down did you get this problem resolved?

Originally Posted by Tim German
Hey all. My wife drives our 2006 ML350 and stated yesterday that her phone wasn't charging. I checked the front passenger 12v outlet and it was dead. Checked the fuse in rear panel and it was good. Then checked all 12v outlets. all dead and fuses good and no power to those fuse locations using my voltage light. Pulled the fuse for the rear wiper to test for power and none. This led me to the front wipers. not working from the stalk, so I checked the fuses. All good, but when testing with volt tester, light did not come on with alligator clip on ground but did when clip was put on a hot lead. Is this an indication of a grounded circuit? Do the 12v outlets and wipers share a relay or control unit? Not sure if anything else is not working. ANY ideas would be helpful!!

Did you get this resolved? What was the problem/fix? I am having similar issues w my 2007 ML350...cigarette lighter, front wipers and SRS light.