Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

COMMAND 2 NAVSAT PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Default COMMAND 2 NAVSAT PROBLEM

Hi there,

I have a Command 2 Navsat on my ML 320 W163. It does not receive any SAT signal, so if I insert a destination, it does not pick up my present position.

If I enter the settings and update the present position with the exact address, it does give instructions perceiving somehow my speed and change of direction. To be clear here.. it navigates bringing me to destination but I need to tell the system exactly were I am starting from, because it will not locate me through GPS.

The Mercedes technitian said that the tester gave presence of a sat antenna, but could not verify it because it seems impossible to take out the device from it's dash position. I tried to take it out myself, reaching the back of it from the glove compartment opening but it seems stuck in place.. but this is another issue.

Did this happen to anyone? is this a known fault? Could it be the GPS antenna or the software?
Any suggestion is more than accepted, thanks!

Francesco

Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Default RE: COMMAND 2 NAVSAT PROBLEM

UPDATE. I finally managed to take out the COMMAND 2 from my dash. All the cables where connected. I have the GSM/GPS antenna on the roof rear end of the car. So there is a signal amp/splitter under the Command unit. With a tester I verified the continuity of cables from the "in" of the splitter to the COmmand. I also opened up the command and veirified that the gps signal get to the module that is under the CD player.

Now I guess that it is the GPS antenna that does not work or maybe the Command broken! When I enter the service menu of the Command under tab Infos it does not list the Satellite psrt with the speed part, just as it doesn't see any signal!

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. I sincerely think that this is the worse piece of electronic crap I've seen in a long time! (besides some 30 years old radio equipment on some old helicopters!)