Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Connector plate, How to check??

Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Default Transmission Connector plate, How to check??

Hello, I have a 2001 e320 and the transmission started to slip I found the electrical connector was leaking and replaced it. I reset the OBD and the car drove great for about 20 miles and then the problem returned. The dealer says the connector plate is a common part to replace. Its about $250, so I dont want to change it unless there is a good chance it neads to be replaced. Can this part cause the transmission to slip? Or not at all? When the transmission slips, there is a whining sound that comes. Can this be the front pump? Please Help!
Thank you so much.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM

sorry, I think its called a conducter plate.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:48 PM

check ur transmission fluid level.(u need a special dipstick) if ur plug was leaking then ur level can be so low that after a few miles ur pump is sucking air,too. so u don't have the right pressure that's why it's slipping.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Banned
Default Conductor plate

on top of valve body.Bad sensors or cracked plate you would have codes for the transmission in the P07** range.Did the dealer pull codes?722.6 transmission if it leaked so much fluid out the plug,you would notice and driving with fluid so low that it was slipping the trans is dead now anyway.Get the diagnostics ran on an SDS scanner and since it is slipping and not going into protective limp mode,I fear you will find the inevitable.
Besides that.Did the dealer not inform you that the conductor plate costs $250 but labor,fluid,new pan gasket ,etc. run that bill up to about 8 bills?Get it on the scanner.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Default update

Thanks for the help. The dealer did not pull the codes, i have a obd scanner. Although the dealer did tell us about 1- 2 years ago it was leaking. the fluid shows completely full. I had the connector changed and after 20 miles the problem returned. I had the conector cleaned with electrical comtact cleaner and about 3 -4 liters of fluid replaced (from the pan) and the trans filter replaced. there were a few small copper fragments on the pan and the magnet looked like "guey gray" after that the transmission is working fine for about 550 miles. I am scarred to use it to work every day, since my job is 218 miles round trip every day I feel I want to declare victory, but I am scared of it returning or am I "safe" since it has been over 500 miles no problem? We did not change the conducter plate yet, should I still or only if the problem returns? Thank you all very much!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:54 PM

I also got a 2001 E320 just this month and I notice will doing some inspection fluid leaks out of the trans. How can I check the fluid level and what special dip stick do I need. Where can I get this dip stick. Are the trans fluid monitored by the computer. Did I get in too a bad car. I know i hear some hum in the trans and not shifting the way it should.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned
Default yes

unfortunately you got into a bad transmission.
Did you not follow the cardinal rule and have a professional inspection?
Always inspect inspect inspect.
Get it to a shop with a sds scanner look for transmissioon codes.
Maybe the connector is leaking and that is an easy 20 buck repair.
if the trrans is slipping and leaking to the point of failure,get out the check book.
Rebuilt 722.6 and new torque converter $2500 at least plus core and then fluids and labor.
I wish you guys would follow the golden rule. INSPECT
I have the specia dipsticks for sale,but i feel you need a shop with the symptoms you are seeing and feeling.
Sorry

Old 02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Default I also have transmission issue with 2000 E320

When I press on gas, sometimes it revs and feels like goes neutral... sometimes it jerks and goes faster for a second, then goes back to normal speed. A mechanic told me he had a similar problem on his car, and it was the conductor plate. Question is, should I get all that done, plus my fluid is leaking too, so he would service the transmission too. Or should I just not waste my time and get a new transmission? If I get a new one, how long should I expect it to last me... refurbished one, new one?