Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E320 CDI Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Default E320 CDI Oil Filter

Hello, this is my very first post! I have researched extensively on the recommended oil filter for my 2006 E320 CDI, as the owner's manual makes it very clear that a fleece type oil filter and eurospec synthetic oil are required for the extended oil change interval of 13K mi. After corresponding with Mann (OE supplier). Mahle, and my local dealer, I am pretty much convinced that no fleece filter for my car is available in the US. Both the Mann and the MB filter have standard tan paper elements. The Mann spec sheet (in Deutsch) says as much and the Mann filter is prominently marked with a sticker showing the correct MB part number. Fleece filters are available for other MB models, and they are white and obviously of a very different material than the tan paper. I have written to MBUSA with full details, but based on past experience, they might simply refer me to my dealer and not address the question. Does anyone else have any thoughts or information on this issue? Ken Taylor

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Wonder of Wonders! I contacted MBUSA about this oil filter problem and they actually admitted that the Mercedes OEM filter has a paper element and no fleece filter is available. The person I talked to offered that they had contacted Germany, and if any further information became available, they would let me know. In the meantime they indicated that the paper filter would be good for 13K mi and no warranty issues woud be raised. (The owners manual specifically warns against using a paper filter for the extended service interval.) I am going to explore changing the filter, but not the oil, every 6k mi or whatever the standard interval is, just to be safe. In the meantime, my question is, when are they going to provide the right filter. Ken Taylor