Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor

you can adjust it by turning the EHA screw.

i forgot which way

Old 09-30-2004, 09:40 PM

I haven't touched the EHA yet, but I think I have got everyting almost to proper adjustment. Based on my following observations, could you just tell me wheather the car is running lean or rich:

1) RPMS climb strong and rapidly in the high RPM range
2) at idle, exhaust smoke is not present
3) with very slight acceleration from idle, exhaust smoke is white (lean?)
4) when i step on the pedal to accelerate at normal rate, engine backfires and a plume of black smoke erupts from the tailpipe. When engine picks up again, exhaust smoke turns back to white. (rich?)

Some signs point to lean and some to rich. Please tell me what the plume of black smoke means and why the rest of the time it is white.

Thank You Again

Old 09-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

yes, lean at idle and partial load, but rich at full throttle.

there is a position sensor on the side of the throttle body. mal-adjustment of thing can cause it.

with the engine running at idle speed, how much voltage can you get from terminal 1 & 3, and 1 & 2?
i forgot the right value, but it's somewhere about 4.8 to 5.4 volts.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:12 AM

By continuing to richen the mixture via the contol screws, the performance of the car seems to be improving dramatically. (I can actually drive it now!) However, I know it is still too lean because there is white smoke out the tailpipe at all engine speeds. My main problem is now with the idle.

When I adjust the sensor plate to richen, idle is very bad and shaky. When I adjust the sensor plate to leaner, idle increases and smoothes out, but performance is sacrificed. Under all mixture adjustments, the car is very shaky and rough when my foot is on the brake and the car is in drive or reverse, (reverse being worse.) If I continue to richen the mixture via the control screws and lean the sensor plate out to give good idle, will the idle smooth out? Or is this a problem with the position of the plunger? (Too far in or out?)

By the way- I now can confirm my system is the KE-Jetronic. Thank You.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

i will give you the test and adjustment value once i got the time.

it will be your basis.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:55 AM

Sleepwalker,
My MB is ’89 300E, 6 cyl. I’ve similar problem with friends in Re: Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor discussion.

I’ve been replaced membran of fuel ditributor with generic membran by mechanic last year. But, I think he can’t tune or set the other part perfectly. Until now, my have similar problem with friends in discusson

I’ve been read all your advises in Re: Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor.

But, I still confused with some matters and I need your advise :
1. Throttle plate :
a. Is this placed below air sensor plate?
b. Is this connected with pedal accelarator?
c. Is this used to lead the air sensor plate to bring more air intake?
d. May I set the stop screw and it is used to set idle rpms?
e. What is the different used with the idle switch?
2. Lower pressure :
a. What part must be tune? Is this screw inside the outside screw that is 6 pieces?
b. Does it set the differential pressure? If yes, how many turn CCW after tight and approx pressure they have?
c. If I add 1 turn CCW, how much pressure added?
d. Is this posible if I already set/tune the screw same at all but, the pressure produced doesn’t same? Which part did I must tune/set?
3. EHA :
a. Does it tune the lower pressure or tunes others? If others, what is the others?
b. How many turn CCW after tight and approx pressure they have?
c. You said that EHA work with temperatur. Which sensor did use to control EHA? I mean oil temp or else and where is the place?
4. Aux air valve :
a. Is it always work when engine cold & warm?
b. What is the different work between cold & warm? Rightnow, I assume that aux air stop work after warm up. Please, explain if I’m wrong.
5. Position Sensor :
a. How much voltage is on terminal 1 & 2, cold and warm?
b. What does the position sensor measure?
c. I’m tune the position of sensor. Is the exact position of the sensor when the aux air become off at engine wam? Please, explain if I’m wrong.

Please, answer one by one so, I can understand everything.

Oh yah, what is expansion of CIS?
Your discussion at Re: Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor is stop. Is this continued in other discussion? Can you give me the name of discuss?

Thank you,
Speed (Andrew)

Old 02-17-2007, 06:53 PM

im having problems with my Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Distributor,its on my 87 300e. i have just rebuilt the engine after changing the headgasket, when i came to start it,it would turn over but not fire.Fuel is going into the Fuel Distributor but not coming out of any of the injector pipes. i try changing the distributer itself but no change. Does anyone have any ideas?