Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe Makes Its World Debut

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Default The Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe Makes Its World Debut

After seemingly countless spy photos showcasing the model nearly undisguised, today Mercedes has finally taken the wraps off their new E-Class Coupe, and it looks pretty much exactly as we expected it to. From a design standpoint, if you're a fan of the new E-Class saloon, chances are you're going to be a fan of the coupe range as well. Featuring similar styling traits to that of the sedan, the two are clearly members of the same family, although the Coupe offers customers a more contemporary take on the same elements. In the front, for example, the twin-headlamp face with rhomboid headlamps is still present, but with a sharper, somewhat sportier look. Also present is a twin-louvre grille with a larger center Mercedes star. In the back, the contour of the rear wing reminiscent of the Ponton Mercedes of yesteryear is still a prominent feature, while the elongated taillights again bear a similar appearance to the taillights found on the sedan.

Full press release and full size photos follow:

http://emercedesbenz.com/Feb09/17_00...rld_Debut.html

Old 02-18-2009, 04:10 AM

Looks better than earlier posts I have seen of this car, yet it still has the Hundai look from the rear. They refined the tail lights and the lower bumper portion. I still have problems with it on two fronts, which might be minor to some folks.
1) they have killed the trunk space,
2) the rear end jacked up is a little strange (or the appearance it is jacked up). Remember jacking your old 60's 70's cars with shackles?

So it still look Hundaiesque from the rear. My 96 E-320 was copied by Hundai and Lexus, and neither did a good job with body lines. This time Benz copied Hundai and did one better on the rear portion of the vehicle. The rear still looks Jap.

Overall I am under impressed, but I do like the front and sides.

Aardvark.