Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have this trans problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:34 PM

had similar problems in older car 92 e400/ was a loose vacum nut loosening and tightening on its own on front of motor. Spent a lot of money, no help, Changed shops, guy fixed it in 1 minute. Affected tranny and ultimate brakes, and, came and went due to loosening and tightening of fitting from engine vibration etc.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Default 03 e500 bad transmission

I just had my car towed away from the Mercedes dealer service station in Cincy. You guessed it... the transmission on my 03 e500 has gone out due this leak. I spent 2grand two weeks prior to replace the radiator, and flush the trans. This was on top of the 1600, to replace the front hydraulics. In less than a month I spent over $6500 for repairs. Now they give me an estimate for $5400 to replace the trans (not). I will never buy another MB and I will not recommend it to anyone. I could not believe how naive they acted when they have known for years this was an issue on this make. If this were an American car it would be classified as a lemon no better than a Chevy Vega. Buyer beware if the car is not under warranty. If you are buying to own this auto yo are likely to spend repairs cost that will equall the purchase price

Originally Posted by ohlord
you purchased a W211
worst model in mb history.
03's were known for coolant leaks from the radiator getting into the merged trans fluid cooling.
Valeo radiators.
All you can do is find an indie shop and a good one. The dealer will have you spending the value of the car on that model and never get it right.
Brake pump might be a recall sbc had total failure issues.
I wish you well.
Never buy a w211.
But I guess you know that now.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Default 03 E500 Transmission Bucking at Low Speeds Fixed.

I had the same issue with low speed jerking/bucking in between gears that would seem to go away temporarily when car ran cold but as soon as reached operating temp, it came back. The car became unbearable the more i would drive it. So I ended up replacing the maf sensor, spark plugs, shift control module, transmission control module, trans conductor plate, trans connector, and trans fluid flush and filter with no change's to shifting. It only seemed to get worse. My problem was finally resolved after replacing 2 of the 6 total solenoids in my transmission. I replaced the tcc pwm solenoid and 3-4 shift solenoid. I couldn't afford to replace all 6so if you can afford to do so I would go for it! My scanner gave me clue to which solenoids were bad. I also tested all remaining solenoids with a digital multimeter to confirm proper working condition. Re-installed everything back into car, refilled fluid and finally happy to say it fixed the surging/bucking/jerking shift issues. I will most likely replace my radiator next to be safe after reading all of the horror stories on coolant leaking into the transmission reputation. Otherwise currently drives like it should!

Last edited by Djohnson82; 07-24-2016 at 02:39 AM.