Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 E-320 Won't START...Help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Question 1995 E-320 Won't START...Help PLEASE

It cranks but won't turn over...then you can smell gasoline...after a while of trying the battery died... I've got new battery still the same problem... any fix for this problem? please advice..

Thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM

see u have spark or not. if u don't then can be crank or camshaft sensor.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Default 1995 E320 Start up problem

I did change the plugs yesterday and the one closest to the front smell gasoline...I know it's not burning the gas coming in... I will also check the camshaft sensor you've said... also put in new battery 'coz after 4 try to start it will dry the battery..by the way where's that camshaft located? .please advice

thanks.
J.R

Old 03-01-2009, 09:24 AM

i didn't say u need to change the spark plugs. i just said see u have spark or not. pull a plug out and plug it back in the wire. touch the plug to ground where u can see clearly while u crank it. u must have a good ground on the plug! but don't hold it there by hand. just find a good place where it can stay for a bit by itself during the crank. so when u crank it u should see the spark as jumping on plug.
if u don't,then first change the crank sensor. that's located in the left side of the engine at the transmission on the top. next to ur oil filter housing u can see a black wire goes down to top of ur transmission. follow the wire. if u r at the right thing then u need a 5mm hex key.
after crank sensor change ur car still won't have spark then u can try the camshaft sensor. that is not so common problem then the crank sensor. but this can also cause the no spark condition. that is located on the left side of the upper timing cover.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Banned
Default Bad camshaft position

sensor ,engine will still have spark and run,it will just run poorly because it won't have the proper info for TDC on #1 cylinder.Dead cps car won't run nor get fuel.If you are cranking the engine over to the point of your battery going dead ,you are running the risk of killing your starter as well as another battery.Your coolant temp sensor could be shot,Your wire loom could be original and one of the defective ones that fall apart and cause the issue you relate.Has the M104 received the updated harness?Have you inspected the old harness for failure?If you cant find the problem in those few items,get it on a scope at a shop.Because you are doing more harm than good.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM

I've finally found the fix for it... and it's the Engine Harness Wiring... because the wire are brittle due to the heat from the engine, wires are touching each other ---I have to separate them and re-wrap the wires...viola... the car starts!!!...now I'm looking to replace the harness wiring ...anybody there who knows where can I buy it lower than what i've seen in the internet ($800)... Please advice..