Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please 93 300E stuck in drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Default Help Please 93 300E stuck in drive

Hi guys im new here looking for help with someones 93 300E. The guy said he was on a road trip.. got home and put the car in park. However although the shift selector moves the car stayed in drive. No matter what position. He said that he looked at the linkage on the outside of the transmission and everything is hooked up. so im wondering since i dont know much about mercedes- Is there a manual shift valve inside the pan that could have come undone durring the long drive? or would this be something more serious? If i can get some idea i will be going to take a look in the next couple hours. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mobilemechanixnc
Hi guys im new here looking for help with someones 93 300E. The guy said he was on a road trip.. got home and put the car in park. However although the shift selector moves the car stayed in drive. No matter what position. He said that he looked at the linkage on the outside of the transmission and everything is hooked up. so im wondering since i dont know much about mercedes- Is there a manual shift valve inside the pan that could have come undone durring the long drive? or would this be something more serious? If i can get some idea i will be going to take a look in the next couple hours. Thanks in advance for any help.
Check if there's oil in the gearbox, maybe it ceased because it had too little?

Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 PM

ok i checked it out.. turns out the bolt that clamps the shift cable to the shaft on the transmission came out allowing the arm to work its way off the keyed portion of the shaft.. just popped it back on and put a new bolt and self locking nut on it.. works fine now. thanks for the reply!