Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Retrofit "heated seats " or "ventilated seats" possible..?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Default Retrofit "heated seats " or "ventilated seats" possible..?

My '04 CLK 500 came from Atlanta and the orig owner didn't order heated nor ventilated seats.. ... The seats do have the perforations
in the leather though... I was wondering if anyone had tackled retrofitting the heated seats or ventilated seats functions...?
Seems to me the wiring would be in place and it would be a matter of ordering the dash buttons and possibly the parts that go in the
seats themselves ( heat coils or fan assemblies ) ...

SMD

Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Retrofit "heated seats " or "ventilated seats" possible..?

Can't believe I'm the only MB owner who would like to retrofit heated seats... Anyway, I did some surfing
and found 4 companies that specialize in aftermarket and OEM heated seat kits... I still would like to know
if I can use the stock heated seats dash mounted buttons to make this all work but I've got a feeling from
the lack of resoponses that I'm on my own here...
SMD

Old 12-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Default RE: Retrofit "heated seats " or "ventilated seats" possible..?

Went with aftermarket product by Check Corporation http://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/seat-heaters.asp... Installed them last week and haven't really had a chance to test them thoroughly yet as last weeks blizzard in Colorado has kept the car in the garage... The install was very time consuming, at least the passenger seat was... And had to run one seat power lead from under the hood ( cigar lighter circuit ) and the other from the trunk ( spare 15 amp circuit ) so that was time consuming too... There'sprobably a special tool required to seperate the leather seat covers from the seat foam and I didn't have one... It took alot of trial and error on the passenger seat before I got the hang of it... The drivers seat was much quicker, probably 1/3 the time of the passenger seat... The controls were installed in the shifter trim piece and look decent... Stay tuned for a thorough report once I get a chance to drive the car again...