Speculation on the Future of the A and B-Class

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Default Speculation on the Future of the A and B-Class

eMercedesBenz posted speculation of the A and B-Class demise.

According to eMB, regardless of whether or not they get rid of them, they need to be changed regardless.

Full story after the jump...

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun08/1...z_A_Class.html

Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Default RE: Speculation on the Future of the A and B-Class

ORIGINAL: everythingmercedes

eMercedesBenz posted speculation of the A and B-Class demise.

According to eMB, regardless of whether or not they get rid of them, they need to be changed regardless.

Full story after the jump...

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun08/1...z_A_Class.html
A good spot, I would not be surprised if they changed the line up with the A & B class, as they are good sellers for Mercedes these days with so many people now going for smaller more economical cars (especially here in Europe). Mercedes Used Dealer Networks can't get enough of them either, I have a friend who works in one here in London and they always like them, as they are easy to sell on, as demand is strong for them.

Another thing to note is the A & B class cars hold their value well compared to larger cars, so again they are popular with buyers, and many independent garages offer very reasonable service charges for them, making them a good new or second hand buy.

So I expect that Mercedes will expand the range of smaller cars a lot in the near future, my guess (would be intresting to see what others think here) is new more aggressive looking A class (same high driving position etc - simply because lots of smaller cars are like that these days). B-class - probably expanded range to include hot hatch versions.....to compete with BMW 1 series, Audi A3 etc, maybe a full range etc from 3 door to 5 door, estate, 4 weel drive, hot hatch version, super hot hatch boy racer version etc.

I think another reason is, when I walk around London for example, or drive around the UK, i see an awful lot of Audi A3s (seems to be the rich boy racer's car of choice these days too), a lot of BMW 1 series etc, but not many new A & B classes!!! If anything you see many more old A classes (model up to 2004) on the road than the current model!!!!!!