A140 door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 AM
yqw
Default A140 door lock problem

Hi All,
i have a a prob with the central locking on one of the back doors of my 2003 A140. The lock button on the door is permanantly down but the door never locks when the remote is pressed (never comes up when unlocked with remote or the internal door release)

I have had the door internal panal off and can feel the mecanisum trying to work when the remote button is pressed so can asume the signal/ voltage is reaching the unit.

so how can I remove the unit from the door to investigat further and will the door latch still work with this part removed (to repair or replace) and still be able to use the car in the mean time ?

Any help or advise would be wellcome.
Thanks Keith

Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 AM
yqw
Default someone must have a clue ???

Originally Posted by yqw
Hi All,
i have a a prob with the central locking on one of the back doors of my 2003 A140. The lock button on the door is permanantly down but the door never locks when the remote is pressed (never comes up when unlocked with remote or the internal door release)

I have had the door internal panal off and can feel the mecanisum trying to work when the remote button is pressed so can asume the signal/ voltage is reaching the unit.

so how can I remove the unit from the door to investigat further and will the door latch still work with this part removed (to repair or replace) and still be able to use the car in the mean time ?

Any help or advise would be wellcome.
Thanks Keith
Hi All,
not had any replys to my request for advice re the lock on back door.
Im sure I could fix it if I could only get the unit out of the door.

Any thoughts /advice,
come on Lads scratch your heads and give me a clue,
thanks Keith

Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Same thing has just happened to me. I believe the central locking is vacuum operated. Have only just discovered the problem on my car. Did you get anywhere with this?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
yqw
Default No Luck so far !!

Originally Posted by IanLD
Same thing has just happened to me. I believe the central locking is vacuum operated. Have only just discovered the problem on my car. Did you get anywhere with this?
Hi Ian,
thanks for interest in the prob but not got any answers yet. Thought i would get some help from the "Merc Guru s" on hear but nothing as yet.
Still driving round with door unlocked, interesting your comment re vacume opperated. my be true as when I had the door in bits I recal seeing some strange thick yellow what i thought were opperating cables but they could have been pipes/tubes ? the plot thickens ha ha. I daerent even ask at the Merc agents.

Let me know if you get any more info or a fix to this problem.
thanks Keith

Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM

Hi, I have just had the same problem occur on mine. Any clues or fixes would be appreciated.

Marc

Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM
yqw
Default Still not solved

Originally Posted by tordofm
Hi, I have just had the same problem occur on mine. Any clues or fixes would be appreciated.

Marc
Hi Marc,
thanks for thread re the locking problem with the A140. No I havent solved it but as the weather has got warmer this summer the door is now locking normally with the other three but the button still does not opperate (will be interesting to see what happens as we go into winter).

please let me know how you get on with the problem and what the out come is, as im sure it has not gone away for good ?

Would have thought some "Merc Boffin" would give us a clue/answer, hears hoping.

See Yer bye

Old 09-20-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by yqw
Hi Marc,
thanks for thread re the locking problem with the A140. No I havent solved it but as the weather has got warmer this summer the door is now locking normally with the other three but the button still does not opperate (will be interesting to see what happens as we go into winter).

please let me know how you get on with the problem and what the out come is, as im sure it has not gone away for good ?

Would have thought some "Merc Boffin" would give us a clue/answer, hears hoping.

See Yer bye
Hi

Mine was diagnosed as a faulty door locking mechanism which cost me £200 incl labour to get fixed at an independant dealer.

Marc