Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

W215 2001 CL600 - Doors Won't Open - Can't get into Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Default W215 2001 CL600 - Doors Won't Open - Can't get into Car

Hello everyone! I am in desperate need of some help! I can't get into my car! Yep! I hit unlock, the buttons go up, but neither door will open! Trunk opens, I can get to the battery. I've disconnected the battery and reconnected, but same result. Pressing lock/unlock on remote pops the lock buttons up and down, but I can't open the doors! Bad situation! Car is in garage, windows are up, and I 'can't get in it. Has anyone had this happen to them? What do I do??

Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 PM

Try to pull the interior door handle with the proper "break in kit". or try hitting the central lock button on the dash with a long rod or something. those coupes are pretty easy to get into. sounds weird to me that the locks are popping but you cant open it.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM

UPDATE: I decided to disconnect the vacuum pump located in left rear trunk, I did that, reconnected it, and I checked both doors, and, well, nothing... So I put the trunk panels back together, put all the tools away, ready to claim defeat, and oddly, the passenger side door opens. Drivers side, nope. Of course, I was able to open the drivers side from the inside. But now, I am scared shipless to lock the car! Any ideas as to what to fix?? I agree, it does sound weird for sure. I was standing there, scratching my head, thinking to myself, what German engineer thought this through??!! Your suggestions were good, if I couldn't get in, that would be the next route, albeit I'm not sure how I would have hit the button or opened the handle on the inside without damaging trim or something...?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by alterniTECH
UPDATE: I decided to disconnect the vacuum pump located in left rear trunk, I did that, reconnected it, and I checked both doors, and, well, nothing... So I put the trunk panels back together, put all the tools away, ready to claim defeat, and oddly, the passenger side door opens. Drivers side, nope. Of course, I was able to open the drivers side from the inside. But now, I am scared shipless to lock the car! Any ideas as to what to fix?? I agree, it does sound weird for sure. I was standing there, scratching my head, thinking to myself, what German engineer thought this through??!! Your suggestions were good, if I couldn't get in, that would be the next route, albeit I'm not sure how I would have hit the button or opened the handle on the inside without damaging trim or something...?

OK, so I have an update: Today I was able to duplicate this problem. If my car is locked, and I attempt to open the door by pulling on the outside door handle while it's locked, then unlock the car from the keyfob or the blade, the door handle will not open the door from the outside. Any idea what might cause this? It's the same on both the driver and passenger sides...

Old 10-23-2022, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by alterniTECH
OK, so I have an update: Today I was able to duplicate this problem. If my car is locked, and I attempt to open the door by pulling on the outside door handle while it's locked, then unlock the car from the keyfob or the blade, the door handle will not open the door from the outside. Any idea what might cause this? It's the same on both the driver and passenger sides...
What was the solution? I have the exact same problem now.

Old 06-04-2023, 10:07 PM

Finding a website to order doors was a game-changer for me. I stumbled upon this amazing online platform that specializes in door sales, and it has exceeded my expectations. The website here showcases a vast collection of doors, ranging from traditional to modern styles. What impressed me the most was the option to customize the doors according to my preferences. The website allowed me to select the door material, color, and hardware, giving me the flexibility to create the perfect fit for my home. The ordering process was smooth, and I received regular updates on the status of my order. I'm thrilled to have discovered this website and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of quality doors.