Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

I have to vent

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Default I have to vent

I have a beautiful '04 CL600 which I absolutely adore. Its fast and it is visually good looking. But. I have had it with the ABC system. This garbage system has cost me 1000's of dollars over the years and I've had enough. I'm done. Every year one or 2 hoses or valve blocks blow. Last night I had 2 hoses go - at first I thought the pump went but they told me that 1 hose went and then the other next to it started to leak real bad. 2 weeks ago I had a oil change and they said that the belt needs to be replaced cause it showed signs of cracking. So I was proactive and had it replaced now when the hoses blew they sprayed oil all over and the belt slipped off. Now they're telling me another $3,000! With the money I've spent i could have bought a real nice normal car. Oh and before I forget you can have Mercedes Roadside Assitance. It took 7.5 hours to get a tow truck. After I called for the 4th time I finally got a truck and the driver said that he could have been there hours ago but MRA said he was too expensive - listen who's too expensive! No more MB's for me! Goodbye!

Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by spiker
I have a beautiful '04 CL600 which I absolutely adore. Its fast and it is visually good looking. But. I have had it with the ABC system. This garbage system has cost me 1000's of dollars over the years and I've had enough. I'm done. Every year one or 2 hoses or valve blocks blow. Last night I had 2 hoses go - at first I thought the pump went but they told me that 1 hose went and then the other next to it started to leak real bad. 2 weeks ago I had a oil change and they said that the belt needs to be replaced cause it showed signs of cracking. So I was proactive and had it replaced now when the hoses blew they sprayed oil all over and the belt slipped off. Now they're telling me another $3,000! With the money I've spent i could have bought a real nice normal car. Oh and before I forget you can have Mercedes Roadside Assitance. It took 7.5 hours to get a tow truck. After I called for the 4th time I finally got a truck and the driver said that he could have been there hours ago but MRA said he was too expensive - listen who's too expensive! No more MB's for me! Goodbye!
All I can say is do your research before buying, Google Problems with CL 600.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM

I bought the car in March 2007.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Default Desperatly need help

So my 2007 cl 600 had multiple cylinder missfire, brought it to my local european shop in mexico cause mexican merc dealer wont take it in, they determined the driver side coil packs were bad and after testing them the car didnt start, proceded to replace the coil pack and car still wont start, i had both camshaft and crankshaft tested and both are ok, i have fuel pressure too and apparently injector signal is good as well (no real test to that other than I can hear the injectors pulsing) when we test the new coil packs we get a spark in all cylinders for about 3-4 seconds and then it cuts out, you then have to wait for a few minutes to try again because if you do it right away you get no spark whatsoever.

im using an autel maxiDAS scanner and I do not get any errors that would prevent the engine from starting, at this point im super depressed and dont know what to do now, any pointers????