Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

Here we go again ABC warning ?can i get some answers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chassis221
the lower control arm bushing have nothing to do with the ABC. the bushings are rubber and they crack and break then the rubber comes apart and the metal part of your control arm bushing starts to rub against the metal of your subframe. this is something that happens when you dont take your car to a dealer and get your car checked up by someone who really knows your car better than anyone else. if you would have taken it to the dealer earlier the tech should have noticed this and you would not be putting in a new subframe now. all you would have needed would be the bushings. but this would have nothing to do with the ABC light you are getting.
Thank you for your input.

I am confused why ABC light went on if it's not related to subframe and busing problem? So the dealer didn't really fix my problem related to ABC
failure warning?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM

your ABC is mostly related to the hydraulic parts of the suspension the stuts mostly. but the bushings are a serious safety issue and for the control and handling of the car. the bushings are not actually part of the abc system. the accummulator IS part of the ABC system and they do go bad and leak. all those components that got replaced at the dealer are common issues and is good to have them fixed.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Default ABC warnings

This electronic computerized BS is really a pain in the ****, and many dealers use this to find other problems they can make some money out of, and many don't understand the system at all.
1. There IS a factory recall regarding the ABC system and if I remember right, this has something to do with deteriorating hoses.
2. Usually, the first thing that triggers the warning display is low fluid level, which, of course, means there is a very slow leak somewhere.

I've had this warning come on every now and then, I immediately check the fluid level and top off with the very expensive CH1 fluid. Usually happens in the winter, then foes off after warm up. I really don't know what the heck goes on but as long as it corrects itself after a few miles, I'm not bringing it to the dealer to get ripped off.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:56 PM

My 2003 SL 55 AMG is dipping on the right front corner only and the light is on in dash stating "do not drive, vehicle too low" Any suggestions? New to this Forum.