Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

Cl55 Amg Suspension & Mainagent Unable To Fix

Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Default Cl55 Amg Suspension & Mainagent Unable To Fix

Evening, Need your help & advise... Ive got a 2002 merc cl55 amg and its now been in my local merc agent for around 6 months, it went in for its ABC Suspension not functioning properly..problems including sinking to the floor, sitting unlevel & jumping in the air when the car is switched off!

Anyway so far i have payed out £3600.00 Yes £3600 and i collected the car after they had supposedly fixed it in first 2 months I got 3 miles up the road when the car uncontrollably started moving up & down and side to side....Drove it back and they said they would " Oh ok we will look further into it & contact germany for assistance" well 4 months later they have said they are still in talk with germany and After a visit last friday they Say "We dont currently know how to fix the car"!! hello your the Mainagent & AMG Specilist...Clearley not that Specilist!

So i have no Cl-55, Currently down £3600 and have no courtesy car not even an offer and a Cl-55 that has depricated £1500 since its been in there,

They promise to call and keep me updated! the calls never come..end up going in there, getting ignored or moved to a different section of the dealership so other people carnt hear they carnt fix the car!!!

Where do i stand now???? Any Ideas

Thanks Guys

Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM

If you are in the uk try Jonathan at temple fortune Mercedes. actually listens and understands the problem. Has improved my CL by about 90% after 18 months at another Mercedes dealership.
New manager at Mercedes Watford also brilliant and gets things done.
Hope this helps.
JT.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM

usually when the car is going up and down own its own...while the car is runing, it usually is the front or rear suspension valve blocks that go bad...located on the left side, I think, in front of the front tire and the rear one is if front of the rear tire in the wheel well. the first thing MB has us do is to perform a flush and refill and replace the ABC fluid filter. then RODEO must be performed to help eliminate air in the system and function test the system.
also you could have a bad ABC pump that can intermittently have pressure and then at times wont have any pressure.
you should also make sure that the system is properly bled of air.

but generally when the car is moving up and down on its own it mean the valves in the valve blocks can get clogged or faulty and will cause the struts to act erratically.

Have you been taking your car to a MB dealership? 6 months is quite excessive. Month or two...ok Ive seen that many times.

As far as your car going up and down on its own when the car is switched off...sounds more like a serious issue going on. water or corrosion in the electronics of the vehicle.
possibly a bad ABC control unit...
Good Luck

Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Rick, The Mercedes Air Suspension can be problematic, and expensive to repair.

If you had some way to bring the car to the US, Sturmasters would repair your vehicle for free, if you were willing to let them use your vehicle to develop a conversion kit for the CL-55AMG. They already have one to fit the CL-500.

Mercedes Benz CL500 Air Suspension Conversion Kit | Suspension Experts