Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

ABC Error

Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Default RE: ABC Error

Hey guys, i am a new memeber here, just bought an 01 S 500. This site has been a tremendous help thus far figuring out a lot of small issues with my car so I joined today. By the way, Sleepwalker is all over this site and seems to know the answer to every question. The reason I am posting here is because i am having similar ABC problems. Here is the story, when I first bought the car, i would get a white (low priority message) ABC Visit workshop. Lately, I have been getting a red ABC Drive carefully which can not be turned off, it just goes off itself the next day or while i am driving. The ABC button functions perfectly, i can feel the difference. The car level button works perfectly even when the error message is on my screen. Went to my local mecanic and hooked up the scanner, there were many ABC codes that came up including "ABC System pressure Low". My mecanic thinks it needs a pump for the suspension. I guess my point here is that the systems appear to be working perfectly but the red error message just keeps going on. Any help would be appreciated.

PS The car does not lower at all overnight, i checked already........

Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 AM

hi i have a cl 500 2005 model and for some reason it said display defective abc visit workshop..the car is sat weird its like the front end is raised and a sags at the one rear corner but still drivable ..even if its parked or started upit remains in the same position it doesn't get any worse or better its like its stuck in that position..also the 2 switches on the dashboard don't work now or even light up when press ..any help would be appreciated also if i go over a speed bump the front suspension seems to be very hard

Old 07-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Default mantaman Did you solve your issue

Originally Posted by mantaman
hi i have a cl 500 2005 model and for some reason it said display defective abc visit workshop..the car is sat weird its like the front end is raised and a sags at the one rear corner but still drivable ..even if its parked or started upit remains in the same position it doesn't get any worse or better its like its stuck in that position..also the 2 switches on the dashboard don't work now or even light up when press ..any help would be appreciated also if i go over a speed bump the front suspension seems to be very hard
I am having the same issue as you but without the sagging. Any help would be great!