Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

ABC Control Valve Problem (Active Body Control)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Default ABC Control Valve Problem (Active Body Control)

I have brought my 2001 CL 500 to the local dealer for the ABC recall. I figured my problem would be fixed since there was a recall. They let me know that the Recall didn't cover the Right front Control Valve. Could this problem of happened from the recall either not being done soon enough or something? I am really not wanting to replace the control valve for 1200 dollars. Right now I just turn the car on then off, then on again and the active body control code goes away and the car drives fine! If I don't do this the car will drive like the shocks are gone on it.... If I dont get repaired, I guess I will have to replace the starter sooner or later from starting the car twice as much.

If anyone can help with these questions that I am having that would be great.

thanks

Keith

Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ABC Control Valve Problem (Active Body Control)

right front control valve?

there are only two valve sets...front and rear. front one controls both sides...inside its 4 valves.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:32 PM

this is what the dealer has told me....1200 dollars for a right front control valve leak? Not 100% sure on this one. I am wondering why when I turn my car on the ABC doesn't work then it works after I turn it off and start it again? So what do I need to get fixed to have this 100% again then?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 PM

The recall is just to replace a ABC hose. That hose does screw into that valve block but I dont really see what they could do to make that valve block fail. Valve blocks are known for going bad.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:36 PM

IC, well is there anything that I can do to get this resolved without spending $1200? The ABC works fine if I shut the car off and turn it on again. I guess it's not hurting anything doing this, but would be nice to have repaired.

Could it be a electrical problem?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:57 PM

I've been checking into this and there's not much you can do other than pressing the button until you're ready to fix it. Its bleeding off pressure to that corner's strut.

There are no rebuilds out there that I can find. Each unit does the left and right for the end of the car its on so you have to replace the control valve for whichever end is leaking. There's no way to fix the side that's not working.

If you do find something, let me know.

Cheers!

Pronto