Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

98 cl500 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Default 98 cl500 questions

second owner..
30 year firefighter retirement gift

1) looks like was in accident and repaired.

I dont see parktronic indicators on front bumper just smooth abs plastic no rings
will this keep system from working if only rear parktronic is intact? where are wires for front sensors and get i get sensors installed without changing bumper shell.

2) missing ds tow hook eye cover need part number

3) missing ds mirror inside plastic trim piece. i can see wires in mirror assembly. when i get part can put it on without removing door panel?

4) my cruise control lever is very loose and wobbly. I have no cruise. need part number for that arm on steer wheel

5) last but not least the washer fluid heater wires are hanging from hood and appear broken. where can i trace their origin to to see if the other ends are hanging and i can splice back together.

need owners manual and repair manual please any sources?

Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by cl-king
second owner..
30 year firefighter retirement gift

1) looks like was in accident and repaired.

I dont see parktronic indicators on front bumper just smooth abs plastic no rings
will this keep system from working if only rear parktronic is intact? where are wires for front sensors and get i get sensors installed without changing bumper shell.

2) missing ds tow hook eye cover need part number

3) missing ds mirror inside plastic trim piece. i can see wires in mirror assembly. when i get part can put it on without removing door panel?

4) my cruise control lever is very loose and wobbly. I have no cruise. need part number for that arm on steer wheel

5) last but not least the washer fluid heater wires are hanging from hood and appear broken. where can i trace their origin to to see if the other ends are hanging and i can splice back together.

need owners manual and repair manual please any sources?
You need all the sensors on the bumper to work for the system to work (front bumper included).