Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stepper Motor Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Default Stepper Motor Actuator

Hello Forum.

Well the good wife C220 CDI Coupe has started apparently a common Clicking sound behind teh Dashboard.

Well plugging the car into the scanner - it tells me it is the LEFT SIDE FOOTWELL FLAP ACTUATOR (BLOCKED/STIFF).

So the question is that I am getting mixed views on whether I need to the remove the whole dash to get to a £11.00 Clip or can I be smart and access it another way? - I have seen a Thread that discusses without removing Dash - BUT does not tell which Actuator he is targetting.

I would really appreciate some pointers, as Mercedes Leicester want 8 Hours Labour - For that price i can try and it myself and then by myself a 1997 C180 estate with 140,000 for £800.00

So as you can see I have a dilemna

Thanks in advance

Nik

Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 PM

You can change this with out removing the dash. It is not all that easy. You need to remove the center console first. Then remove ash tray and center a/c vent. Now you can remove the radio trim and radio. You will then remove the 7 torx screws. Remove the panel to the right by pulling it back (glove box side). The left lower panel (drivers side) will release about an inch to give you room to remove the radio bracket. Remove the air tubes on the left and right side of the radio bracket. Now you are ready to remove the bracket. Yank like hell! It is clipped in at the top but very hard to remove. Now that's out of the way peel the foam down to expose the step motors. The one on the left outside is the foot well flap. You can plug in your A/C control unit and turn the key on and you will be able to see the motor that is ticking. The whole thing takes me about 25 minutes ( not bad for 8 hours pay... only we only charge 4). I see you said £11.00 not $ so your veh must be right hand drive. I told you how to do it on a left hand drive veh. You can figure it out. Good luck. It is a pain on the butt to change, but it is a lot easier than removing the dash and crash bar.